By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Halo: Reach sales are just insane and their effect on HW almost so!

PS3 with Move and DS with Prof. Layton both had a nice boost, despite Halo grabbing most of the attention, Wii OTOH had a small drop... Now I suspect that if MS markets it as heavily as it's doing with Halo, Kinect could steal a lot more sales from Balance Board than previously imagined.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
themanwithnoname said:

Reach is only the second biggest launch of all time on one platform. Yeah, a total disappointment. Seriously, some of you guys need to stop with the jealousy.

Fixed =)..

Something needs to be done about the Wii. I'm not sure what. Hopefully they'll announce something on the 29th.

Any news about other Halo games?

I'm sure ODST numbers went up, Halo Wars Halo 3

Any way to check Halo 1 and 2?

CGI-Quality said:
themanwithnoname said:
CGI-Quality said:
themanwithnoname said:
CGI-Quality said:

The estimated 4.2 mill for week 1 would mean Halo received 400,000 more fans, give or take, depending on it's lifetime. For those who expected 5 mill week 1, it's not that 4.2 mill is disappointing, but rather your expectations were a little high.

Before they can truly be pegged as disappointing, lets see how the legs are. Keep an eye on the week-to-week (in conjunction with Halo 3). Chances are, Reach will still pull off 11-12 million.

Okay, again, the numbers are above Halo 3 and the 2nd biggest launch on one platform of all time. How can they ever "truly be pegged as disappointing?"

Whoa, calm down there sir, I'm not saying the numbers are. I'm saying that's really the only way to track that.

I'm saying that anybody concluding these numbers to be disappointing is dillusional. There is no way anybody can ever make 4 million sales in the first week ever look disappointing.

I agree with you, no the numbers are not disappointing. The game performed in line with the way most sequels perform - yes there's a boost, but it won't sell MUCH more than it's predecessor due to an increased fanbase. Games like Uncharted 2 & GTA: San Andreas are exceptions to the rule, and many thought Reach would perform (in ratio to those) like that (as in MUCH better than Halo 3).In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Uncharted 3 didn't sell much more than 50,000-100,000 more than Uncharted 2.

Regarding Reach, anyone who predicted 4 -4.5mill had realistic expectations. 5 mill was just a tad too high.

Oh I agree 100%, I guess I was just confused by what you were saying. At least it won't have the negative word of mouth that Gears 2 multiplayer had, which I think hurt its sales.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network
mortono said:

Something needs to be done about the Wii. I'm not sure what. Hopefully they'll announce something on the 29th.

Although I do think the Wii is beginning to show signs of age, I think you should wait until Donkey Kong Country Returns releases.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Pyro as Bill said:
CGI-Quality said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Seece, just imagine if MS or Sony had to rely on first party alone and then tell us who's worked harder this gen. When MS or Sony can create multiple 20M sellers EVERY YEAR instead of killing great GAMING companies like Rare, they might get a look in.

MS and Sony haven't worked hard, Bobby Kotick did all the hard work.

Even you can't believe such foolishness.

I'm sorry, who's delivered a 10M seller every year for MS?

MS or Activision?

Neither? Each has one. What data are you looking at?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
Pyro as Bill said:
CGI-Quality said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Seece, just imagine if MS or Sony had to rely on first party alone and then tell us who's worked harder this gen. When MS or Sony can create multiple 20M sellers EVERY YEAR instead of killing great GAMING companies like Rare, they might get a look in.

MS and Sony haven't worked hard, Bobby Kotick did all the hard work.

Even you can't believe such foolishness.

I'm sorry, who's delivered a 10M seller every year for MS?

MS or Activision?

Neither? Each has one. What data are you looking at?

Yeah, only Modern Warfare 2 broke the 10 million mark. COD4 sold in the mid 8 millions. W@W didn't come remotely close.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I can't wait for the holiday boost to start kicking in (we're what... a little over a month/six weeks away now?). Unfortunately there's a bit of premature chicken counting going on right now, and that's either going to look like genius or utter stupidity when the time comes. Should be fun to find out though.

VGChartz

good number for xbox 360.

i imagine when kinect release and exlusive kinect game from japan released too, then we will  see

Japan weekly hardware number will be around 15K-25K ,