By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Console hardware sales in France

French newspaper "Les Echos" reveals that director of Microsoft France said that 500K Xbox 360  was sold in France. The newspaper then add that PS3 is at 270K units while Wii exceded 1,100K units.

I'm not sure if this numbers are shipment or sold throught customers ( I think shipment ) but I think it's useful information nonetheless

Source :

http://www.jeux-france.com/news23083_500000-xbox-360-vendues-en-france.html 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

shit, the wii's doing well in france. i didn't realise the market was that big over there.

how many people live in france. it would be interesting to see because australia has around 21 million and has sold just over 200k wiis. how does this hold up.

I want wii fit and I want it now

In France we are 60 millions people,since the last "rececement"

War has changed...

Football streaming

Comment Faire

--OkeyDokey-- said:
shit, the wii's doing well in france. i didn't realise the market was that big over there.

Well France is the biggest european continental market for console gaming ( followed by Germany ).

It seems that Wii sales are very very good in the 3 biggest european country ( UK, France , Germany ) , quite good in Spain and not so good in Italy ( where however it is performing way better than GameCube )

EDIT : It's not only a question of how many people a nation has but how is the VG culture in that nation.For example in Europe UK and France have a more mature culture about console gaming than Italy ( note : I'm not talking about "gaming taste" ).

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

Ops I didn't see that there was already a thread about this article/argument.

If you are interested look here :

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=11614

Mods can lock this thread.

Culturally France is the most advanced nation. Interesting that the console ratio's are similar to the world-wide ratio.

"""Culturally France is the most advanced nation"""

==> man ..... plz
come to France, I will introduce you to my mother and you will see what "culturally advanced" means ....

Seriously, France is not so much different from other european country.

Time to Work !

wow wii is doing really well in france

fkusumot said:

Culturally France is the most advanced nation. Interesting that the console ratio's are similar to the world-wide ratio.

I love France, but that's a weird statement (or should I say ignorant?). Obviously you're not from Europe.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii)