By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Bayonetta a Hard hack and slash games

Is Bayonetta a Hard hack and slash games

Is the game Hard for you 23 45.10%

Is the game Easy for you 8 15.69%

Is the game Regular for you 20 39.22%

Total:51

This game is probably the hardest hack and slash game i have ever played and i truly can't get it. I am so good when i m playing Devil May Cry (1-2-3-4), God of War(1-2), Chaos Legion, and some other hack and slash games. And I didn't really have a hard time playing them, i even when back on playing them on Hard or very Hard( In devil may cry 3, the "dante must die" level was just impossible for me). But I couldn't even finish Bayonetta in the normal mode. I even had a hard time defeating regular foes past mission 10. So is the game a hard game for you or do u find it easy.

Around the Network

I got the platinum trophy for it and it wasn't really that hard. At the beginning, the normal mode was kinda difficult, but after finishing that mode, hard and klimax difficulty were suprisingly easy for me (maybe due to the gained weapons?)

Take a look at my photos on flickr

Had more difficulty with Ninja Gaiden games than this.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Being good at God of war = being good at bayonetta

I'm playing God of war 3 now for the first time and am really shocked how different these games are. Its like driving a light nimble precision race car vs driving a massive engined Mac truck.

Out of the hack and slash games that Bayonettta is comparable I played and beat I'd rate them in following order.

NG Black harder than DMC3 harder than Bayonetta harder than NG2 harder than DMC1 harder than DMC4

disolitude said:

Being good at God of war = being good at bayonetta

I'm playing God of war 3 now for the first time and am really shocked how different these games are. Its like driving a light nimble precision race car vs driving a massive engined Mac truck.

Out of the hack and slash games that Bayonettta is comparable I played and beat I'd rate them in following order.

NG Black harder than DMC3 harder than Bayonetta harder than NG2 harder than DMC1 harder than DMC4

I can certainly back up your order.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

I barely beat it on medium and hard is waaaaaaay too hard for me. Maybe it's because the PS3 version has inconsistent framerate or because my TV has 30ms delay or it's simply because I'm getting old, but I really can't get the timings right .. some attacks I can't evade at all.

Kick it on down to one of the easier modes.  There's even a mode where you can just press one button and the game will do the rest.  I didn't find it too tough or even get stuck.  You may have to buy some healing items or power-ups if you haven't been doing it.  Upgrade your weapons and stuff, too.

I found it a lot easier than GOW and especially easier than Ninja Gaiden.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Not really. I found it quite moderate in difficulty ie it was hard enough to seem challenging but not hard enough that it wasn't fun

(I play many games in this genre tho' I profess to be a master of none.).

I liked the fact that it was like an older game in that certain parts required several attempts to get through. Games are too dumbed down these days so you don't see enough of that anymore.

I don't say that the game is not fun, is just that like I said i m very good at other games from the same genre (Devil May Cry, God of War...) I do have fun playing the game but, it is sometimes frustrating that i cannot beat some regular monsters after mission 10. And the secret missions, i mean they are like almost impossible.