By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor : VAAN basically confirmed for Dissidia 2!!!

Severance said:
snfr said:

Seriously, who wants him? He's the worst FF main character ever made...

Still have to buy the first Dissidia...

He's not Main >_>; the spin off yeah, but not FFXII, the main was everyone else basically.

but you have to control him in towns... Basch Lives!

Now I'm going to write a story.
that's why vaan's the main character... that's why they took out these "towns" in FFXIII so you wouldn't have to have a main character.

because

towns = who the main character yes

yesiree

really though... OT, adding characters that I don't like is really not bad cause someone else might like them... ommitting charactesr... like say yuffie, or faris, and galuf... or basically anyone from FFV = D::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Around the Network

I love FF12, it is my favourite game ever and I have done everything there is to do in it and even own the international zodiac edition. I try to learn everything I can about the game and i woiuld go out on a limb and say there are probably only a few people out there who know more about FF12 than me

But god I hope this isn't true, why would they put vaan in?, he (and penelo) was only added shortly before release because Basch was deemed unsuitable as a main character due to square thinking that the reason vagrant story didn't do so well was it had a 'too strong' lead and that FF12 might suffer a similar fate in Japan (their target market with FF12 and FF in general despite all the 'westernisation' talk surrounding FF13) if Basch was left in the role.

Put in Baltheir or Fran and I will become an advocate for this game (dissidia 2), Basch would be a reasonable, albeit nowhere near as good, choice too. Dare I say it, even Ashe would be better and she is my 2nd least liked FF character after Cloud Strife (the point being here that at least Ashe has enough personality to be severely disliked, Vaan and Penelos characterisations are so weak they are only a shade better than 'choose your own generic outcome' bioware characters IMO so I can't hold an opinion one way or the other as I simply can't bring myself to care about them)

But I really hope they don't put in vaan or penelo, Even I will admit FF12 may have been a better game without them (and seeing as its my favourite game thats saying a lot) and I'm sure this version of dissidia would be too.

PLAYSTATION NATION LADY OF JRPGS

Favourite Games of 2013 1.Tomb Raider(PS3) 2.Atelier Ayesha(PS3) 3.Virtues Last Reward (Vita)

We couldn't get a real character from FFXII, like Balthier?  Or a real woman at the very least?

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

If they put him in and leave Balthier out I am gonna flip right the f*ck out.

I survived the Apocalyps3

Kaixes said:

We couldn't get a real character from FFXII, like Balthier?  Or a real woman at the very least?

they didn't say what all the characters are.. all the characters weren't released yet >_>. I think that information gets released at that Fabula thing.

Around the Network
2000cc said:

I love FF12, it is my favourite game ever and I have done everything there is to do in it and even own the international zodiac edition. I try to learn everything I can about the game and i woiuld go out on a limb and say there are probably only a few people out there who know more about FF12 than me

But god I hope this isn't true, why would they put vaan in?, he (and penelo) was only added shortly before release because Basch was deemed unsuitable as a main character due to square thinking that the reason vagrant story didn't do so well was it had a 'too strong' lead and that FF12 might suffer a similar fate in Japan (their target market with FF12 and FF in general despite all the 'westernisation' talk surrounding FF13) if Basch was left in the role.

Put in Baltheir or Fran and I will become an advocate for this game (dissidia 2), Basch would be a reasonable, albeit nowhere near as good, choice too. Dare I say it, even Ashe would be better and she is my 2nd least liked FF character after Cloud Strife (the point being here that at least Ashe has enough personality to be severely disliked, Vaan and Penelos characterisations are so weak they are only a shade better than 'choose your own generic outcome' bioware characters IMO so I can't hold an opinion one way or the other as I simply can't bring myself to care about them)

But I really hope they don't put in vaan or penelo, Even I will admit FF12 may have been a better game without them (and seeing as its my favourite game thats saying a lot) and I'm sure this version of dissidia would be too.

pretty much this lol. QFT

I survived the Apocalyps3

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I was honestly asking myself, "Who's Vaan?"... Until I saw THAT ^^^ picture...  Yes, I don't see the significance of Vaan.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

thelifatree said:
Kaixes said:

they didn't say what all the characters are.. all the characters weren't released yet >_>. I think that information gets released at that Fabula thing.

I'm well aware, but I know who I'm gonna blame if it's just Vaan representing XII.  Vaan.

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends