By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bungie says, No to other platforms.

naznatips said:
ItsaMii said:
Other platforms respond (in a sarcastic tone):

Oh no! Please Bungie bless us with another Oni. That game was brilliant.

Winner.

No one remembers Oni sadly.  I enjoyed that game more than Halo.

Around the Network

My friend adores Oni. I played it for a bit, looked really cool.

"CAN TOP TANKERS!"

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

LOL I kept hearing Oni and it sounded kinda familiar, so I google it then BAM memories LOL that game was so badass XD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

solidarii said:
Bungie is not a great developer anyway, I will never understand why so many people like Halo. Halo completely sucks compared to the other shooters. Bioshock, CoD4, Crysis, and Gears all blow Halo away. When Bungie makes something good that is not Halo it might matter, but until then, who gives a damn...

Wow, to say Bungie is not a great dev without stating your knowledge of them and why is just jibberish. Bungie by the way is one of the pioneers of the FPS. Even if Halo 3 is over rated it is in no way Blown away by any game. Just think about what your saying, if it were so called blown away wouldn't you think that any one of those games would come close to Halo's success. Halo is a system seller, and millions upon millions give a damn. No matter how many say they think Halo is over rated Bungie has proven how great a dev they are.  

Passenger57 said:
solidarii said:
Bungie is not a great developer anyway, I will never understand why so many people like Halo. Halo completely sucks compared to the other shooters. Bioshock, CoD4, Crysis, and Gears all blow Halo away. When Bungie makes something good that is not Halo it might matter, but until then, who gives a damn...

Wow, to say Bungie is not a great dev without stating your knowledge of them and why is just jibberish. Bungie by the way is one of the pioneers of the FPS. Even if Halo 3 is over rated it is in no way Blown away by any game. Just think about what your saying, if it were so called blown away wouldn't you think that any one of those games would come close to Halo's success. Halo is a system seller, and millions upon millions give a damn. No matter how many say they think Halo is over rated Bungie has proven how great a dev they are.  

We can thank Bungie for three things:

- Mouse Look

- Making FPS relevent on consoles

- Making online FPS on consoles work

All three were huge deals at the time. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
Passenger57 said:
solidarii said:

This is the true winner

I salute you sir.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
RolStoppable said:
eugene said:

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/14767/Bungie_Sticking_With_Xbox_360_For_Now.html

speaking during a live text interview with consumer website Eurogamer, Bungie’s Frank O’ Conner stated, "We have no plans to work on any other platforms beyond 360 at this time.”

"Microsoft have been good friends to us," concurred Production Director, Jonty Barnes. "You can see the strength of our relationship in Halo. We're really focused on continuing our collaboration in making the best games we can, and that right now is on 360."

There you have it, any original IP is still going to the Xbox 360

Guerilla Games > Bungie.

Any objections? 

What games have 'Guerilla games' produced ?

rocketpig said:

We can thank Bungie for three things:

- Mouse Look

- Making FPS relevent on consoles

- Making online FPS on consoles work

All three were huge deals at the time.

Ignoring Goldeneye is bad.

Unfortunately we can also blame Bungie for a lot of other bad FPS trends.

1) self recharging health - lazy developers can just ignore level design because all you have to do is find some cover and wait.

2) "melee attack hurts more than bullets trend". A full clip of automatic fire can not kill you, 5 or 6 melee attacks can. Also, you can move while taking shotgun blasts in the face, but one melee attack is enough to stop you. 

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ItsaMii said:

Ignoring Goldeneye is bad.

Unfortunately we can also blame Bungie for a lot of other bad FPS trends.

1) self recharging health - lazy developers can just ignore level design because all you have to do is find some cover and wait.

2) "melee attack hurts more than bullets trend". A full clip of automatic fire can not kill you, 5 or 6 melee attacks can. Also, you can move while taking shotgun blasts in the face, but one melee attack is enough to stop you. 

Goldeneye was great for the time but there were still huge problems with the game, mainly involving the controls. I will admit that you can argue whether GE or Halo had more of an impact on console FPS, that's for sure.

As for your 1 and 2 points, I won't argue with that. I don't mind recharging health in some games but in others, it really kills the intensity level. And melee damage is over the top in Halo (although the guy is a 700 lb. super-soldier wearing 1/2 ton armor). 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

ChronotriggerJM said:
Bleh fine by me... I personally don't think Bungie is all that good -_- ; kind of funny though to buy yourself out of ownership and not do anything else :P

They didn't buy themselves out they reached a mutual agreement with Microsoft.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin