By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii lightguns

Wii Zapper is a $1.50 piece of plastic that Nintendo sells to Wiitards who then can't stop talking about how fucking amazing it is.

Around the Network

Guardian would you hurry up and get banned already?

the problem with the blaster is the position of the b trigger, which would be used for "fire" by most games, yet it's not where the trigger of a gun would be.

I imagine all those light guns are just plastic shells, so how do they work? do they just physically press the B button? Would it be that much work to make something that actually plugs into the wiimote and has more than one button?

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:
try getting that score without the aiming reticule on the screen.

After spending many dollars on point blank and time crisis in the arcades, aiming with a pointer is nowhere near as accurate or quick. I'm sure I could get a score well above 759 with a proper gun attachment

Falcon X: That gun does look good, but having to go on top to hit the A button is a bit of a worry.

The reticle is there for people with differently-sized TVs.  Optimally, a shooter should have screen size calibration and no reticle.  And I've spent my share of quarters on Area 51, Police Trainer, etc., so quit the patronizing, OK?  I would still like to see a better gun accessory than the Zapper just for the feel, but the naked remote works pretty damn well.

Guardian said:
Wii Zapper is a $1.50 piece of plastic that Nintendo sells to Wiitards who then can't stop talking about how fucking amazing it is.

English is such an imprecise language. What's so amazing, Nintendo or the Wii Zapper?

Around the Network

it's not a light gun game if there is a cursor on screen, I mean the whole point of a light gun game is that you physically aim at the target and shoot just as you would with a real gun.

omgwtfbbq said:
the problem with the blaster is the position of the b trigger, which would be used for "fire" by most games, yet it's not where the trigger of a gun would be.

I imagine all those light guns are just plastic shells, so how do they work? do they just physically press the B button? Would it be that much work to make something that actually plugs into the wiimote and has more than one button?

Lot of them just have some (not so) fancy merchansims that use the trigger to press the B button. The Wii Blaster's button placement did through me off as well, espeically since I wanted to hold the Nunchuck in my right hand sicne that's how I'd hole a rifle, but I normally hold the remote in my Right hand, so I had to switch.

Took a pretty good while to adjust, but afterwards it's pretty good. Rumble feels very nice in the Wii Blaster shell 
since you hold it in both hands, like the Guitar Hero Guitar.