By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii lightguns

I've been playing some resident evil: umbrella chronicals, and I found I just couldn't get into the game. I think the main problem is holding the remote as a pointer, rather than as a gun, which makes aiming more difficult. I'd like to get Ghost Squad, which features light gun calibration, but it would be useless unless I get some sort of light gun peripheral.

However, the Wii Zapper really does look like a useless pile of crap. It just doesn't seem like it would be as accurate as a pistol. What I would really love is a light gun that actually plugged into the bottom of the Wii and had extra buttons on the handle as well as a real trigger, but I very much doubt that will happen. Failing that, what light gun peripherals have people in here used and are they any good?

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

Well Nyko is releasing a new gun for the wiimote.  I think it's coming out next week. Didnt see any reviews yet.

http://www.nyko.com/nyko/products/?i=124#

Pointer aiming difficult? My 759 high score in Wii Play target shooting says otherwise. :)

^agreed--i just takes a little to get used to

try getting that score without the aiming reticule on the screen.

After spending many dollars on point blank and time crisis in the arcades, aiming with a pointer is nowhere near as accurate or quick. I'm sure I could get a score well above 759 with a proper gun attachment

Falcon X: That gun does look good, but having to go on top to hit the A button is a bit of a worry.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network
omgwtfbbq said:

I've been playing some resident evil: umbrella chronicals, and I found I just couldn't get into the game. I think the main problem is holding the remote as a pointer, rather than as a gun, which makes aiming more difficult. I'd like to get Ghost Squad, which features light gun calibration, but it would be useless unless I get some sort of light gun peripheral.

However, the Wii Zapper really does look like a useless pile of crap. It just doesn't seem like it would be as accurate as a pistol. What I would really love is a light gun that actually plugged into the bottom of the Wii and had extra buttons on the handle as well as a real trigger, but I very much doubt that will happen. Failing that, what light gun peripherals have people in here used and are they any good?

The Brando attachment seems to be the best. You can attach the nunchuck at the bottom of the grip.

http://videogame.brando.com.hk/prod_detail.php?prod_id=00461

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

cringer8 said:

The Brando attachment seems to be the best. You can attach the nunchuck at the bottom of the grip.

http://videogame.brando.com.hk/prod_detail.php?prod_id=00461

Trigger can be sluggish though, which in something like Umbrella Chronicles where you're constantly shooting things might be a problem. I actually reviewed that thing and the Core gamer shell on YouTube. Core Gamer one isn’t bad, takes getting use to, but it does steady your aim a bit and you can use every button. Biggest hang up is using any Nunchuck movement commands, but you can pop it out for that. Wii remote one actually pretty doable.

^That's good to know. Thanks.

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

You can go with the Wii Blaster it has an 8.0 score from IGN (The Zapper has a 6.0)

Rating Description  
out of 10  
9.0 Performance
Superior to that of Nintendo's own Zapper due to the fact it provides direct access to the Wiimote's trigger as well as the top buttons that are critical for playing games like Red Steel.
6.0 Build Quality
Plastic is pretty light and rough use or bending would probably break it. The grip area around the Nunchuck is roughly cut and tends to chafe our palms.
8.0 Ease of Use
Installing a Wiimote and Nunchuck is a very simple process.
6.5 Value
$16.95 isn't exactly a rip off, but on the other hand the Blaster is nothing but a piece of plastic.
6.5 Comfort
The two handed grip style necessitates a shoot from the hip aiming style, which we're not huge fans of. The grip area around the Nunchuck is roughly cut and chafes palms.
8.0 OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

^ That be the Core Gamer Blaster, I've got that. It takes a good bit of getting use to, but once you do it's great for tradtional shooters. Fun with Scarface.