By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does the Wiiware version of of Zelda: OoT the best version?

Soma said:
d21lewis said:

I got OoT from the Virtual Console but the controls killed it for me.  Instead of buttons, the C-Stick was mapped to the right analog stick.  I couldn't get used to it.  I finished the first dungeon and then I turned the game off.  Never played it again.

If I remember correctly, you can use the buttons of the Gamecube Y, X and Z instead, with the only exception of C-Up. I'm pretty sure I used Z to point with the arrow, which I always have in C-Down.

I understand your complain though, I stopped playing Star Fox 64 because of the C-Stick, until I found you can use buttons instead  :p

You can use buttons in Stafox64?  It looks like I'll be playing that again, soon.  I had the same problem with that game on the VC.  It really killed the fun.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Soma said:
d21lewis said:

I got OoT from the Virtual Console but the controls killed it for me.  Instead of buttons, the C-Stick was mapped to the right analog stick.  I couldn't get used to it.  I finished the first dungeon and then I turned the game off.  Never played it again.

If I remember correctly, you can use the buttons of the Gamecube Y, X and Z instead, with the only exception of C-Up. I'm pretty sure I used Z to point with the arrow, which I always have in C-Down.

I understand your complain though, I stopped playing Star Fox 64 because of the C-Stick, until I found you can use buttons instead  :p

You can use buttons in Stafox64?  It looks like I'll be playing that again, soon.  I had the same problem with that game on the VC.  It really killed the fun.

Yep, just finished the game some weeks ago, amazing game, never played it completely in the N64 days. C-Up is the only one you need the C-Stick, the same with Zelda.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Soma said:
d21lewis said:
Soma said:
d21lewis said:

Yep, just finished the game some weeks ago, amazing game, never played it completely in the N64 days. C-Up is the only one you need the C-Stick, the same with Zelda.

Thank you, Soma.  One last question:  Wii Classic controller or Gamecube controller?  I have both, btw.  It just blows my mind that I didn't find this out ages ago. I bought the Wii Classic controller solely for DKC because spot-on controls meant so much to me.  I'm actually excited about playing these old titles, now.

d21lewis said:
Soma said:
d21lewis said:
Soma said:
d21lewis said:

Thank you, Soma.  One last question:  Wii Classic controller or Gamecube controller?  I have both, btw.  It just blows my mind that I didn't find this out ages ago. I bought the Wii Classic controller solely for DKC because spot-on controls meant so much to me.  I'm actually excited about playing these old titles, now.

I say Gamecube controller. For me is more comfortable and the Gamecube stick is better than the Classic Controller. But try both and see which one you prefer  =)

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

For what it's worth, the most common opinion I see is that the GCN controller is best for N64 games, while other VC games trend Classic (Pro).