By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - NFL Prediction League

mrstickball said:

Why didn't we do a fantasy league instead?

Cause I'm already in one and didn't want to join another. No one is stopping anyone from running various games though.

I like doing this every year because it is a different kind of league. Also, it isn't too hard to run and it is all on this website rather than having to use another website and having everyone sign up for it.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Ok, week 2 results are compiled, but not posted. Due to people missing weeks I am going to give lowest score - 1 points to everyone who didn't make a given week. Due to the tiebreaker rules, those points keep them in the running, however even the person who did the worst overall still has a huge tiebreaker advantage of having a bunch more wins.

So, for example, BoneArk joined the league in Week 2. This will be reflected in the results with 0 wins for week 1,  but he gets 5 points for week 1. Kitler, blacksaber, whatever, JezreeBalla, and Pipedream24 all missed week 2 and get 4 points anyways (most likely will change to 5 points once NO wins and the spreadsheet gets updated).

If you feel grumpy at the end of the year because you got last despite joining every single week, while someone missed half the year and then did phenominal I'm sorry. However, I feel this system gives thouse who miss 1 to 2 week a legitimate shot at still winning overall while those who miss most of the year won't be in contention for one of the top spots.

Also, since everyone picked NO for monday nights game, brawl4life wins week 2 (currently has 10 wins)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

nordlead said:

Ok, week 2 results are compiled, but not posted. Due to people missing weeks I am going to give lowest score - 1 points to everyone who didn't make a given week. Due to the tiebreaker rules, those points keep them in the running, however even the person who did the worst overall still has a huge tiebreaker advantage of having a bunch more wins.

So, for example, BoneArk joined the league in Week 2. This will be reflected in the results with 0 wins for week 1,  but he gets 5 points for week 1. Kitler, blacksaber, whatever, JezreeBalla, and Pipedream24 all missed week 2 and get 4 points anyways (most likely will change to 5 points once NO wins and the spreadsheet gets updated).

If you feel grumpy at the end of the year because you got last despite joining every single week, while someone missed half the year and then did phenominal I'm sorry. However, I feel this system gives thouse who miss 1 to 2 week a legitimate shot at still winning overall while those who miss most of the year won't be in contention for one of the top spots.

Also, since everyone picked NO for monday nights game, brawl4life wins week 2 (currently has 10 wins)

I have no complaints, what u think is fair is alright with me.

mrstickball said:
ManusJustus said:
mrstickball said:

Why didn't we do a fantasy league instead?

Its not too late.  ESPN is the best fantasy football site (in my opinion), and they are still allowing leagues to be created.  If anyone is interested in a league, I'd be happy to create one.  They have up to 20 players in a league, so there's plenty of room too.

I would be up for a fantasy league if anyone else is...

Well, right now we have two people.

You and I are going to have one heck of a fantasy team, and play each other every week, lol.

Damn didn't think I'd win so many picks called wrong...gotta hand it to them Texans ..icing the kicker and coming back to win in OT.

Around the Network

Hey nordlead: you miscounted... He has 11 wins as of Monday morning...

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

allaboutthegames885 said:

I don't see what I have wrong (could be either his picks or the results). I'll post the images once tonight's game is over (probably tomorrow morning) and maybe someone can figure out what I messed up. I see 10 wins and 5 losses.

nordlead said:
allaboutthegames885 said:

I don't see what I have wrong (could be either his picks or the results). I'll post the images once tonight's game is over (probably tomorrow morning) and maybe someone can figure out what I messed up. I see 10 wins and 5 losses.

Guys lets not argue...just hand me the crown again :) . Think your counting the Saints to win it tonight to make it 11-5....but even I think 49ers has a chance...might be an upset. As for fantays football league if yall make one hit me up im already in 5-6leagues but up to kick more ass .

charts posted.

I have to say, I sorta wish that the PHI/DET game had that one pass upheld as a complete call. If only to have the coach go into a tirade and have a huge controversy due to the two plays being so similar

Also, NO looks like they might get handed their first loss next week against atlanta. I believe last year they barely lost to NO, and this year Atlanta looks like a solid team.

Sun, Sep 26

TEN   @ NYG
W
1:00 PM
PIT
W
@ TB
CIN

@ CAR
 W 1:00 PM
CLE

@ BAL
DAL

@ HOU
SF

@ KS
DET
  @ MIN
W
BUF
  @ NE
W
ATL

@ NO
WAS
W
@ STL
  4:05 PM
PHI
W
@ JAC
  4:05 PM
OAK

@ ARI
 W 4:15 PM
SD
W
@ SEA
  4:15 PM
IND
W
@
DEN

4:15 PM
NYJ
W
@
MIA

8:20 PM
Mon, Sep 27

GB 28 @ CHI 21 8:30 PM

And Monday Night might not even be that close... It kinda pains me to go against my Titans, but the whole QB situation there confuses me, so I chose the Giants to win that one.

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!