By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360/Wii/PS3 America pre-orders vs first week worldwide sales (2010)

I asked this thread to be locked because its in the wrong forum (and I want to get this tagged once I get enough work into it)  So look for my new thread in the sales discussion.

I thought it would be interesting to see what the ratios for pre-orders vs first week worldwide sales would be.  This way we can look at past titles on each system and have a better idea of what future titles may do in their first week.

Every week i will be updating as new games release.

August 28th

Mafia II (sandbox)

Console US Pre-order sales America 1st week sales Worldwide 1st week sales Ratio
Xbox 360 70,316 102,177 187,193 2.66
PS3 56,893 70,615 166,727 2.93

September

Past releases by month.

If you have any idea how I can make this thread better be sure to let me know.

Around the Network

So I guess i'm the only one who thinks this is interesting

It would been more interesting if you included more than 1 game. Why not go back a few months? Pre-order charts are still available and so are 1st week charts for pretty much every game.

HexenLord said:

It would been more interesting if you included more than 1 game. Why not go back a few months? Pre-order charts are still available and so are 1st week charts for pretty much every game.

Ugh so much work lol......I guess I should go back a couple months.

I will update it within the next 24 hours.

the pre orders are america only, you could put the america sales in between the pre orders and ww1week number of sales. Better to measure the impact of the pre orders.

Around the Network

Locking at op's request; see root post.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...