By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Ops Full Multiplayer Reveal

I still think Reach has far more features than Black Ops. But I give credit where credit is due. Black ops has finally changed up the old boring Cod formula. I love how you buy your stuff now. But i take Halo anyday over it

( I'm getting both though)

Around the Network
Mvp4eVa said:

Call of Duty: Black Ops Killstreak Bonuses

• 3 Kills – Spy Plane
  • 3 Kills – RC-XD (RC bomb)
  • 4 Kills – Counter Spy Plane
  • 4 Kills – SAM Turret
  • 5 Kills – Care Package
  • 5 Kills – Napalm Strike
  • 6 Kills – Sentry Gun
  • 6 Kills – Mortar Team
  • 7 Kills – Attack Helicopter
  • 7 Kills – Valkyrie Rockets
  • 8 Kills – Blackbird
  • 8 Kills – "Rolling Thunder"
  • 9 Kills – Chopper Gunner
  • 11 Kills – Attack Dogs
  • 11 Kills – Gunship

Yeah!  no more NUKES!!    Release the Hounds!!!   lol..   I'm excited !   bring it ON!  Woo Hoo!

Dear god they give the the equivilant of a predator missile at 3 kills?!?

BTW I think killstreaks are one of the stupidest things ever for online MP (It wouldn't be so bad if they had MP modes that didn't have killstreaks)

ARGH I hated attack dogs!

zgamer5 said:
hasanwhy said:
zgamer5 said:

at first i was impressed but then i told myself why do features matture if the basic gameplay is terrible, if their is camping, and if its going to be another noob fest. i prefer playing naughty bear.

Its pretty much going to happen dude. The average life-span in COD games is like a couple of seconds so camping can help extend that life by a few seconds for some extra kills. Whenever I encounter camping, I switch my strategy to rocket-pawn, so I can get them from afar to save on assault ammo. 

other then camping the basic gameplay is mediocre at best, the guns have no recoil and the sound is terrible. moh looks a million times better, but their are kill streaks!

Trust me Medal of Honor is not better. Its a horrible MW2 knockoff. If you didn't play the beta then I understand how looks can fool you. I played the beta and was annoyed and bored by it.

yo_john117 said:
Mvp4eVa said:

• 3 Kills – Spy Plane
  • 4 Kills – SAM Turret
  • 5 Kills – Care Package
  • 6 Kills – Sentry Gun
  • 6 Kills – Mortar Team
  • 8 Kills – Blackbird
  • 11 Kills – Attack Dogs
  • 11 Kills – Gunship

Yeah!  no more NUKES!!    Release the Hounds!!!   lol..   I'm excited !   bring it ON!  Woo Hoo!

BTW I think killstreaks are one of the stupidest things ever for online MP (It wouldn't be so bad if they had MP modes that didn't have killstreaks)

There is a pretty big rumor killstreaks won't stack up like they did in past CODs so that is good. You actually will have to earn them instead of sitting back and letting your killstreaks earn more killstreaks. I like killstreaks in COD. Its what makes COD stand out in the FPS crowd compared to other wartype shooters. Black Ops will have a barebones mode with no killstreaks (already confirmed).

Around the Network

I'm starting to get really excited for this game. They've made so many good changes from previous CoD games.

Some great things they're doing IMO:

Better perks: No commando, no stopping power, no juggernaut, no sonic boom/danger close. No stopping power is a huge change for the series since like 99% of people rely always on stopping power, its like being freed from a drug and we're finally able to try out other perks they have to offer! Commando was the worst idea ever, I think everyone's glad its gone. And no perk that increases explosive damage is a major plus, I'm sure there will still be noob tubes but without the 40% damage increase of danger close they won't be so unbearable.

Better killstreaks: No nuke/emp and making the highest streak 11. Also they're making only weapon kills count towards your streak which is awesome (unless it promotes more camping)

New Modes: Wager modes seem great, and combat training is cool. Zombies is a given even though it hasn't been confirmed yet. No way they disappoint millions of people by not including it (unless they're gonna make it a $15 add on or something)

CoD points: Seems like a very interesting idea as opposed to unlocking things just by ranking up

Fixing annoyances: They're putting the shotguns back in as primaries instead of secondaries which is great. It was stupid in MW2 how you could have an assault rife/SMG and an overpowered shotgun without something like the overkill perk from COD4.

Edit: I hope they fix the knifing too, its way overpowered in MW2 even w/o commando. I'd rather see them make the knifes too weak than too strong.

Hmm, gungame in COD and race maps in Halo.  Anything else they want to rip off the PC modding community, since apparently repackaging old game modes into new games is a feature...

tuscaniman said:
zgamer5 said:
hasanwhy said:
zgamer5 said:

at first i was impressed but then i told myself why do features matture if the basic gameplay is terrible, if their is camping, and if its going to be another noob fest. i prefer playing naughty bear.

Its pretty much going to happen dude. The average life-span in COD games is like a couple of seconds so camping can help extend that life by a few seconds for some extra kills. Whenever I encounter camping, I switch my strategy to rocket-pawn, so I can get them from afar to save on assault ammo. 

other then camping the basic gameplay is mediocre at best, the guns have no recoil and the sound is terrible. moh looks a million times better, but their are kill streaks!

Trust me Medal of Honor is not better. Its a horrible MW2 knockoff. If you didn't play the beta then I understand how looks can fool you. I played the beta and was annoyed and bored by it.

the only reason i prefer moh over black ops is because the guns sound great. im not buying an fps this fall, im waiting for next year, with bullet storm, rage, and killzone coming out i dont need to waste my money on noob fests.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

tuscaniman said:
yo_john117 said:
Mvp4eVa said:

• 3 Kills – Spy Plane
  • 4 Kills – SAM Turret
  • 5 Kills – Care Package
  • 6 Kills – Sentry Gun
  • 6 Kills – Mortar Team
  • 8 Kills – Blackbird
  • 11 Kills – Attack Dogs
  • 11 Kills – Gunship

There is a pretty big rumor killstreaks won't stack up like they did in past CODs so that is good. You actually will have to earn them instead of sitting back and letting your killstreaks earn more killstreaks. I like killstreaks in COD. Its what makes COD stand out in the FPS crowd compared to other wartype shooters. Black Ops will have a barebones mode with no killstreaks (already confirmed).

Awesome!  i may actually really enjoy this game.