By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SSBB not out in europe till post-Q2 2008

I seriously wouldn't yet take this list as the be all or end all. For starts I'm pretty sure the Q1 line up is missing some games, I mean didn't EA confirm Moh:H2 is coming in February? So there's one game it missed. Whatsmore, only one first party game is listed for Q2. I'm sure Nintendo are gonna throw Mario Party 9 in around there too, but Nintendo output around 3 - 5 games a month, so I'm expecting some more games to get put there. (Smash Bros? Fire Emblem? Disaster: Doc?) All I'm saying is take this as a guideline for now, there are still alot of gaps that need filling. Anywho, I'll defo get Zack and Wiki and No More Heores. Nights / BWii / Ghost Squad are all maybes for now. Still need to catch up and buy GHIII, MP3 and RE:UC anyway.

Around the Network
DonWii said:

WOW THIS IS SO DIFFERENT FROM BEFORE! Oh, wait, it's not. ITS QUICKER! OH WELL, LET'S STILL BITCH FOR NO REASON!

I would've complained back then as well, but I was exclusively a PC-gamer. Even if they've been doing it for many, many years, I would hardly call gamers being angry for their favorite company screwing them once again "bitching for no reason."

I mean FFS, we're their second largest market nowadays. Soon there will be more units of even the DS in Europe than Japan, but we still get huge delays for everything, and I don't think they've ever even tried to explain it, or apologise to their fans.

RolStoppable said:
Saiyar said:
Just noticed Fire Emblem is also missing from the release list.

Now that's really awful. Thread title should have been about Fire Emblem then.

May not be that bad after all. Apparently Nintendo have sent a list for releases in France that lists Fire Emblem as 14/03/08.

Maybe they want it to be announced on the offical Smash Bros site, like one of the daily updates

And DonWii
We europeans expected that things would change in regards to releasedates when we got Wii only weeks after America and Japan. And that Sony and Microsoft actually manage to get their big games out around the same time worldwide really makes NoE look bad

Rol, you're just trying to give BenKenobi an aneurism, aren't you.

Around the Network

this isnt good for europeans

melbye said:
Maybe they want it to be announced on the offical Smash Bros site, like one of the daily updates

And DonWii
We europeans expected that things would change in regards to releasedates when we got Wii only weeks after America and Japan. And that Sony and Microsoft actually manage to get their big games out around the same time worldwide really makes NoE look bad

I wouldn't have worded it like that, but what I was trying to portray is the fact that things don't always change.

Galaxy/Phantom Hourglass were localized pretty quickly, but that doesn't mean they all will. 

Perhaps you non european people can now understand why those in the know HAD to mod their console to even play decent games.
I can't remember one gen when some big games wasn't released to Europe.
I didn't mod my console last gen, but I should have. I'm forced to wait for the European Fire Emblem, as I suppose the european saves won't work, but I can't take this anymore.
If a modchip ever allows to play other regions game, I'm not buying one NoE game anymore.
Now, I'm just waiting for the next Wii SKU (be it black color or just price drop) and will buy a japanese Wii.
I can't take anymore paying more money, for poor game doc (in black and white), unacceptable delays, poor translations without even the original japanese dialogs but the crappy american voice over, and so on. This is unacceptable NoE.

Companies should really push for world wide release dates, i think games would sell better. I mean who's going to want to play a game who's spoilers have been up all over the place for months.

You guys shouldn't have 40 different languages.

Spanish, French, Italian, Scandinavian, German, Norwegian, Finnish, Danish, Swedish, Turkish, Greek etc.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you