By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MMO teaches survival

Source

Boy attacked by moose "feigns death," thanks WoW

A Norweigian news site is reporting that a young boy and his sister were attacked by a moose (same thing happened to my sister once), and the boy reportedly "taunted' the moose away from his sister, and then feigned death, causing the moose to lose aggro and leave. "Just like you learn in level 30 in World of Warcraft," the boy is reportedly quoted as saying.

Cynic that I am, I find it hard believing any of this is true at all-- maybe one of our Norwegian readers (and I know we have them, because I met two at BlizzCon) can let us know whether "Nettavisen" is to be trusted as a source or not. But even if it is true, I'm just as hesitant to jump to praise WoW for supposedly helping as I am to condemn it for supposedly hurting.

Still, I'm glad the kid came out of it OK, and if WoW is to thank, all the better. Now if only he'd been able to control his DPS in the first place, he'd never have aggroed at all.

Around the Network

Lol, nice. I really want to know if his actual thoughts at the time were "I need to raise it's aggro and then feign"

Ever since Super Mario I have tried smashing bricks with my head to get coins and that never worked.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

misteromar mk4 said:
Ever since Super Mario I have tried smashing bricks with my head to get coins and that never worked.

Apparently, you're not smashing the floating bricks. 

If it were in America.. the kid would have shot the moose in the head and taunted it with racial slurs while wearing a headset. I can see the news headline now, "BOOM Headshot!"

Around the Network
souixan said:
If it were in America.. the kid would have shot the moose in the head and taunted it with racial slurs while wearing a headset. I can see the news headline now, "BOOM Headshot!"

And then humped the corpse. In American we do things right!

cAPSLOCK said:
souixan said:

And then humped the corpse. In American we do things right!

Haha! cAPSLOCK, i always love ur posts, they always make me laugh.

lol, that's hilarious.

why didn't he just vanish? he seemed like a rogue..
also his sister could have just healed him while the boy was dpsing the moose

i don't see the problem

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

lol. He couldve just used divine intervention as well, and pwned tht mooses ass with his Hammer of Justice!