By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

hatmoza said:

@everyone

I apologize for adding "me" "the" and "supermario" to that post, I rushed posted it before readiing over it for mistakes.

That doesn't change the fact that Vette is being extremely defensive though.

Edit: added doesn't

When you call me out, how else am I supposed to react?  Sit back and enjoy the show?  

STOP EDITING YOUR POSTS

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
Squilliam said:

The way I see it, you've signed your death warrant. The way you're acting you've earnt your lynch whichever role you actually are playing.

1st reason: You edited your post. You broke the rules of the game. That is reason enough for some to lynch you on that principle.

2nd reason: If you were acting on behalf of the town, you're acting in a counter productive way. Even if you aren't a Mafia you're helping their cause whatever you do. You cast your suspicion widely and in an environment without trust and where we cannot verify that trust the Mafia have the advantage.

3rd reason: If you're indeed Mafia or the Serial Killer or whatever else you might be you're in the perfect position. Everyone who could verify you are indeed who you say you are have been killed. You're trying to position yourself into a position of utmost trust and that is the most powerful position for any Mafia to be in, above reproach.

So whether or not you are truely Mafia, truely town or other it doesn't matter. I don't believe that the town can win with you, and the town can win without you its early enough in the game.

2- wrong! Mty first day roleclaim shifted any protection Kuutra would have had away, and he ended up dead and mafia. so there's something everyone benifted off me. Also, by tonight, Kratos is either going to be dead as a SK or joing the town as a vigilante, so I think I'm doing the town every bit of good I can.

Also, I find this post very strange after I just  said a few hours ago "people who didn't attack me are scum" Does scummy little squilliam fair that he's just been generalized and found out? Did you feel the need to come after me to prove your innocence next to noname?

3- I'm sure at least one person verified something I've done to be true  (like someone tracked me and found that I was indeed at Vette's place last night) but they're not gonna come forward. The cop is dead and the last thing we need now is a deputy or tracker coming forward. You're new, but wanting someone to verify I'm telling the truth is a scummy tactic because you're indirectly trying to lure them out. 

I don't really think that Khuutras death can be explained in any way unless of course you know how he died because you were that instrument?

My point is that you're dangerous to the town cause. You cast your suspicions widely and you're factionising the town. I can already see it happening. In self defense some of the town members are going to either band together against other town members or inadvertantly band with Mafia. So whether you're indeed town, Mafia or something else entirely doesn't matter. Your actions either help yourself if you have some third objective or help the Mafia whether you're on their side or not. This makes it clear to me that you're the one who has to be lynched.

I don't know who are Mafia and who are not at this stage. However I do know that you are dangerous to my town and your being here is an advantage to either yourself or the Mafia whatever your afflilliations. So therefore its not because of what you are that I think you need to be lynched, its because of what you are doing. You've dropped so many names and you've tried to define this Mafia hunt as 'anyone who does X or reacts in X way to me is Mafia'. 

The cop doesn't need to reveal himself on your behest. It is pointless. Im simply trying to chart the safest path through uncertainty. My logic doesn't rely on knowing exactly what your role is because what you're doing is good enough reasoning whatever your intentions behind those actions are.

Finally: You did cheat, you've changed what people would think of what you said by editing your post. Originally you had 8 players cast as being suspicious and then you pruned that back. That is my personal reason for my vote because anyone who cheats may as well be Mafia and that excludes any other reasoning I have above.

Tease.

theRepublic said:

Something about theprof00 strikes me as scummy too.  It is more difficult to explain though.  Something about his dramatic rise in activity after the start of Day Two.  Scum nervous that his Godfather is dead, perhaps?

----

"Another person claiming guide = psychiatrist?  One player having both of those powers is extremely unlikely."

Well:

theprof00 said:

Here is my train of thought.

Kantor suspects Hatmoza.

In many posts he makes it almost painfully clear that he is a lie detector and has a feeling hat is lying.
Kantor uses his detection to question Hat's post that night.

Then he dies, possibly after learning something.

Now his other ability, "guide", I'm assuming, means that he can contact the living, maybe not just one specific person. But if he contacted hatmoza, how would kantor know anything of interest if he used his ability on hat?

Now, perhaps what happened was kantor was going to be killed first night, no matter what, eh? He was approached by 2 people. THat psycho, and the one saying "NOOOOO". So, he might know the identities of both of them.

Was Kantor illuminated of something as to hatmoza? Perhaps his lie detection on hat proved that Hat was who he said he was.... Now Hat roleclaimed athena. And so far, all the gods have been pro-town.

I'm believing Hat now that he responded

Seeing as how I've explained how guide works, why it made me unvote hatmoza, and how lie-detector and psychiatrist are linked.

Oops, that last part is in the mafiascum wiki. Lookup role; lie-detector in the right hand corner, "alias: psychiatrist". That was why I thought they were linked.

Now, apparently, guide was used directly by the mod, not kantor. This is new information which hurts the theory posted in the quote box above. However, GoW3 most certainly knows what the power is for, and that is helping pro-town. Kantor was pro-town, and therefore it is logical that the power would help another pro-town.

However, the one missing piece of evidence is.. How many people received a message from the guide?

I'm not going to FoS you, because I'm really lost at the moment.

I think Squill is very suspicious, for the reason he said

"Ok, so its night now. So what happens at night?" I think he said this because he has an ability, and he used the guise of "being a newb and posting at night", to make him seem genuinely ignorant of having a power.

SciFiBoy I'm not so sure of any guilt. I haven't read his posts thoroughly.

dtewi I'm kind of suspicious of since me and him were the only ones posting back and forth and he didn't even notice that I voted hatmoza. It seemed like he was being too careful in how to respond to say something about it.

I'm also suspicious of supermario. He is very very quiet, and seems to only agree with others. I don't remember the exact offence, but I do remember that at one point he voted kantor, and then unvoted him suddenly. Additionally, he said "If anyone is acting shady (like me in a previous game) I'm all for a first day lynch" I thought that it was interesting that he made that distinction. However... he may very well be trying to not draw attention to himself because he's such an important town player, and hatmoza is hogging all the defense. I really don't know.

Anyway, Who here is mafia?

Squilliam said:
hatmoza said:
Squilliam said:

The way I see it, you've signed your death warrant. The way you're acting you've earnt your lynch whichever role you actually are playing.

1st reason: You edited your post. You broke the rules of the game. That is reason enough for some to lynch you on that principle.

2nd reason: If you were acting on behalf of the town, you're acting in a counter productive way. Even if you aren't a Mafia you're helping their cause whatever you do. You cast your suspicion widely and in an environment without trust and where we cannot verify that trust the Mafia have the advantage.

3rd reason: If you're indeed Mafia or the Serial Killer or whatever else you might be you're in the perfect position. Everyone who could verify you are indeed who you say you are have been killed. You're trying to position yourself into a position of utmost trust and that is the most powerful position for any Mafia to be in, above reproach.

So whether or not you are truely Mafia, truely town or other it doesn't matter. I don't believe that the town can win with you, and the town can win without you its early enough in the game.

2- wrong! Mty first day roleclaim shifted any protection Kuutra would have had away, and he ended up dead and mafia. so there's something everyone benifted off me. Also, by tonight, Kratos is either going to be dead as a SK or joing the town as a vigilante, so I think I'm doing the town every bit of good I can.

Also, I find this post very strange after I just  said a few hours ago "people who didn't attack me are scum" Does scummy little squilliam fair that he's just been generalized and found out? Did you feel the need to come after me to prove your innocence next to noname?

3- I'm sure at least one person verified something I've done to be true  (like someone tracked me and found that I was indeed at Vette's place last night) but they're not gonna come forward. The cop is dead and the last thing we need now is a deputy or tracker coming forward. You're new, but wanting someone to verify I'm telling the truth is a scummy tactic because you're indirectly trying to lure them out. 

Finally: You did cheat, you've changed what people would think of what you said by editing your post. Originally you had 8 players cast as being suspicious and then you pruned that back. That is my personal reason for my vote because anyone who cheats may as well be Mafia and that excludes any other reasoning I have above.

No I didn't. STOP LYING! It was 7 people in that list. If you're  referring to dtewi saying there were 8, I assumed he counted wrong and made nothing of it. If your going to rely on dtewi's counting wrong for your argument, I have nothing else to say.

Cheat? Adding supermario to the list of "unknowns" was the only real thing I'm guilty of.

Honestly, you and vette clawing at the fact that I added supermario to my list as an argument is pathetic, and I have no more time to waste with this.

Damn it, if only Kantor were still alive.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Squilliam said:
hatmoza said:
Squilliam said:

No I didn't. STOP LYING! It was 7 people in that list. If you're  referring to dtewi saying there were 8, I assumed he counted wrong and made nothing of it. If your going to rely on dtewi's counting wrong for your argument, I have nothing else to say.

Cheat? Adding supermario to the list of "unknowns" was the only real thing I'm guilty of.

Honestly, you and vette clawing at the fact that I added supermario to my list as an argument is pathetic, and I have no more time to waste with this.

Damn it, if only Kantor were still alive.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
theRepublic said:

Something about theprof00 strikes me as scummy too.  It is more difficult to explain though.  Something about his dramatic rise in activity after the start of Day Two.  Scum nervous that his Godfather is dead, perhaps?

----

"Another person claiming guide = psychiatrist?  One player having both of those powers is extremely unlikely."

Well:

theprof00 said:

Kantor suspects Hatmoza.

In many posts he makes it almost painfully clear that he is a lie detector and has a feeling hat is lying.

Now his other ability, "guide", I'm assuming, means that he can contact the living, maybe not just one specific person. But if he contacted hatmoza, how would kantor know anything of interest if he used his ability on hat?

Now, perhaps what happened was kantor was going to be killed first night, no matter what, eh? He was approached by 2 people. THat psycho, and the one saying "NOOOOO". So, he might know the identities of both of them.

Was Kantor illuminated of something as to hatmoza? Perhaps his lie detection on hat proved that Hat was who he said he was.... Now Hat roleclaimed athena. And so far, all the gods have been pro-town.

Seeing as how I've explained how guide works, why it made me unvote hatmoza, and how lie-detector and psychiatrist are linked.

Oops, that last part is in the mafiascum wiki. Lookup role; lie-detector in the right hand corner, "alias: psychiatrist". That was why I thought they were linked.

Now, apparently, guide was used directly by the mod, not kantor. This is new information which hurts the theory posted in the quote box above. However, GoW3 most certainly knows what the power is for, and that is helping pro-town. Kantor was pro-town, and therefore it is logical that the power would help another pro-town.

However, the one missing piece of evidence is.. How many people received a message from the guide?

"Ok, so its night now. So what happens at night?" I think he said this because he has an ability, and he used the guise of "being a newb and posting at night", to make him seem genuinely ignorant of having a power.

dtewi I'm kind of suspicious of since me and him were the only ones posting back and forth and he didn't even notice that I voted hatmoza. It seemed like he was being too careful in how to respond to say something about it.

I'm also suspicious of supermario. He is very very quiet, and seems to only agree with others. I don't remember the exact offence, but I do remember that at one point he voted kantor, and then unvoted him suddenly. Additionally, he said "If anyone is acting shady (like me in a previous game) I'm all for a first day lynch" I thought that it was interesting that he made that distinction. However... he may very well be trying to not draw attention to himself because he's such an important town player, and hatmoza is hogging all the defense. I really don't know.

theRepublic said:

----

Well:

theprof00 said:

Kantor suspects Hatmoza.

im back online now, had trouble accessing the site for some reason.

anyway, I dont know why people are voting for me and accusing me of not doing much, I have twice now made points about the suspicous way some people seem keen to dismiss the idea of Zeus being in the game, interesting how the person who FoS'd me overlooked that entirely to suit his vote.

sabby_e17 said:

Meh, it's 3 am here so I better get some sleep.

Tomorrow I'd like to hear from the Hatmoza suspectors BECAUSE they have alot to explain. Vetteman, Silver-tiger, SciFiBoy and noname are the main guys. I don't see how you can lynch someone who role-claims psychaitrist, whos name-claim hasn't been consted with, who if he were Mafia would have no need to make such such a role-claim when it wouldn't even benefit them if they were Mafia.

Things that make me suspicious is how Vetteman and SciFiBoy both hopped onto other people's ideas of Hatmoza being scum. "Excellent post. I agree with you noname (scifiboy agreeing with noname's big wall of text about Hatmoza being scum. Same goes for Vetteman. Silver-Tiger remains extremely suspicious for the way he acted on day 1 (contradictions and "not buying Hatmoza's role-claim without providing any evidence") and also how he "agreed" with noname much like Scifiboy.

About Dtewi, I dunno. I think he's just a very paranoid pro-town guy after reading some of his comments.

Out of those 4 listed above I'm pretty sure two of them could be MAfia (noname, silver-tiger, Vetteman, SciFiBoy)

All of what I just posted has been derived from my memory. I can't be bothered to go back and analyse posts because it's 3 am and I'm sleepy so I'm just going to finish with this post for today.

I did not say "I agree with you" to him, do not change my words, that is a scum ploy.

I said that his post was good and re-raised some of my own suspicions about Hatmoza.

im allowed to think posts are good if I think they might be usefull to the town...

theRepublic said:

theprof00 said:

I think hatmoza is the obvious lynch here.

We lost our "guide".

Guide, to me, seems to be the person that guides kratos to our side. in mafia, there is a duo called the psychiatrist and the psychopath. The psychiatrist can cure the psycho and make him town.Also, on the mafiascum wiki, "lie detector"s alias is psychiatrist.

I'm a click away from voting hatmoza, but what do you think about zeus getting protected last night? Was hatmoza being protected? Or did zeus get lucky?

Right now, it looks like hat lied, khuutra defended him, his character is on kratos' side in the game (I know, I know, don't confuse character alignment for role alignment), and there are others that agree with hat.

What do you think?

Is hat zeus? or is he a liar?

40 minutes later...

SciFiBoy2.0 said:

it seems highly unlikely that hatmoza is what he says then, I mean, if someone else is the "guide", that would suggest Hatmoza is something else.

Then after Noname's big post...

SciFiBoy2.0 said:

excellent post, Hatmoza just moved back onto my radar

Latching on to other people's ideas, not contributing much else...

FoS: SciFiBoy

so, you just ignore all my other posts to suit your FoS and then vote?

well done, not at all suspect there, thats two people now who have either claimed I said something I didnt or deliberatley ignored some of my posts.