By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

noname2200 said:

Alright, I'll have to be gone for a few hours now.  But I'd like to hear some thoughts from our quieter members, in particular Squilliam.

At this point the whole thing is rather complicated. I am not conviced that anyone has given probable cause to really  be considered Mafia at this point. Sure theres a lot of suspicion, but suspicion or a player suspicious of others doesn't imply affilliation on its own. The only sureity is that the Mafia players know who the other Mafia players are and can work together from what I gather.

I remember in the first game I played, one of the Mafia players was very helpful and upfront about what was going on. He directed things without suspicion to himself. So you can't use the fact that someone is 'acting like a townie' to say that they aren't mafia.

My three suspected Mafia are at this point in time:

TheProf: Because hes been very quick to try to lynch people and has been directing his attention towards Hatmoza

Hatmoza: Because hes out in the open and his play could very easily be a gambit. Because once the SK is recruited onto the Mafia side for instance his role ends and the Mafia are assured of victory. So even if hes killed in the process, his side will win.

I think one of the two are Mafia, though I cannot say which.

Tease.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
dtewi said:

The most logical assumption I can make is this:

hatmoza is the serial killer.

Or hatmoza is Kratos.

It makes perfect sense.

He pretends to be the psychiatrist because his role is explained as a serial killer that can be cured as a psychiatrist.

He is acting very suspiciously as well, mark of an anti-town person.

He killed off Kantor to stop the suspicion towards him.

Then he covers it up by saying Kantor helped him.

And he felt the need to bolster his credibility as said.

Vote: hatmoza

The serial killer isn't told somebody is looking to cure him (at least I wasn't when I got that role in another game)

If indeed he was told about it, claiming to be the psychiatrist is the dumbest move ever since the real psychiatrist is sure to target him on Night 1.

So hatmoza can't really be Kratos (there's also the unchallenged Athena nameclaim)

Kantor being a "guide" might have been doing so?

Whatever it may be, hatmoza's role claim seems really shaky now with all that's happened.

I remain to my convictions, but let's see if he really does cure the SK.

If he does, I'll bite my tongue.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I'd like to humbly request doctor protection tonight.

I'm clearly fighting a losing battle against the Hatmoza-hit-squad, some of whom I'm certain are Mafia members that could do without me tomorrow.

I meant two, my third suspicion isn't grounded enough to raise it yet! Argh no edit!

Tease.

TruckOSaurus said:
dtewi said:

The most logical assumption I can make is this:

hatmoza is the serial killer.

Or hatmoza is Kratos.

It makes perfect sense.

He pretends to be the psychiatrist because his role is explained as a serial killer that can be cured as a psychiatrist.

He is acting very suspiciously as well, mark of an anti-town person.

He killed off Kantor to stop the suspicion towards him.

Then he covers it up by saying Kantor helped him.

And he felt the need to bolster his credibility as said.

The serial killer isn't told somebody is looking to cure him (at least I wasn't when I got that role in another game)

If indeed he was told about it, claiming to be the psychiatrist is the dumbest move ever since the real psychiatrist is sure to target him on Night 1.

So hatmoza can't really be Kratos (there's also the unchallenged Athena nameclaim)

Unless the true psychiatrist target is not the SK.  

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:

Now you're just being silly.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
Vetteman94 said:

Now you're just being silly.

Are you sure about that?

TruckOSaurus said:

You sure about that? How can the real psychiatrist be sure that the person who roleclaims psychiatrist is the SK? Sure, the real psychiatrist knows that his roleclaim is false, but does necessarily mean he must be the SK? He could be a mafia member trying to get protection because he is "important" for the town.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

OH BTW

Ok fine.

Vote: Hatmoza.

I really hope I know what im doing... some very good arguments have been raised. However I have to go on my instincts here because thats all I have.

Tease.