By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

noname2200 said:
Nikells said:

If anybody can explain to me a viable motive as to why a mafia member would draw so much attention to himself on the very first day, and what he'd get out of it, please share it.

The motive is obvious: "I can't be a bad guy, because look at how much attention I've drawn to myself!" "Hiding in plain sight" is a more traditional way of putting it. 

It seems incredibly unlikely to me.
If Hatmoza was just making this all up he'd have to:

1) Bet on Kratos being the serial killer.
2) Bet on nobody calling out his name-claim.
3) Bet on not being investigated by the cop or tracker at all for as long as he lives.

And for what? All Hatmoza gets from his early role-claim is lots of attention. Stefl was a very different case as he gained a lot of power during the day with his investigations.

Around the Network

@Heph:

I never said that I believe Patapon killed Kantor. I merely said that he was likely killed by a Vigilante. It could easily be the night time Vigilante, since if we only have one Vigilante, 3ever wouldn't explicitly write day time Vigilante, don't you think?

@Dtewi:

Why shouldn't it be possible? If I remember correctly, Mafia Round 17 had 3 members in A and 4 in B. That makes Seven mafia members plus SK. And we were only 19 players back then.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Silver-Tiger said:

@Heph:

I never said that I believe Patapon killed Kantor. I merely said that he was likely killed by a Vigilante. It could easily be the night time Vigilante, since if we only have one Vigilante, 3ever wouldn't explicitly write day time Vigilante, don't you think?

@Dtewi:

Why shouldn't it be possible? If I remember correctly, Mafia Round 17 had 3 members in A and 4 in B. That makes Seven mafia members plus SK. And we were only 19 players back then.

That game seemed incredibly unfair then.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Well, the town was nearly winning still.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

dtewi said:

Anyway, there's a possibility for it to benefit hatmoza if he were mafia.

The idea that the SK can convert to the mafia too.

If he can go to town, would it not follow he can go to the scum too?

This is possible but isn't it more likely he's just telling the truth?

Here's the bottom line:
Hatmoza's cards are flat out on the table now: if he's lying we'll be sure to catch him out soon.
Right now there is nothing to prove that he is not telling the truth. It would be an incredible error in judgement to risk lynching Hatmoza and people who are pushing for it are acting extremely suspiciously in my eyes.

Around the Network

again, its incredibly obvious that Zeus is in the game and was targetted by the Mafia last night, why people dont want to believe this when it basically says it in the Day Start narration is beyond me, perhaps they are mafia and hope that this makes the doctor/protector ignore the possibility of there being a Zeus, so doesnt try and protect him?

Hatmoza im not sure about, his role-claim sounds plausable, but im not convinced of his alignment...

Nikells said:
dtewi said:

Anyway, there's a possibility for it to benefit hatmoza if he were mafia.

The idea that the SK can convert to the mafia too.

If he can go to town, would it not follow he can go to the scum too?

This is possible but isn't it more likely he's just telling the truth?

Here's the bottom line:
Hatmoza's cards are flat out on the table now: if he's lying we'll be sure to catch him out soon.
Right now there is nothing to prove that he is not telling the truth. It would be an incredible error in judgement to risk lynching Hatmoza and people who are pushing for it are acting extremely suspiciously in my eyes.

Explain the risk?   Cause I dont see it

I do have some questions for Hatmoza:

1) I think you should tell us who you targeted last night. I can't think of any reason this would be bad for the town (correct me if I'm wrong.) If you get killed and turn up innocent it's one less place we have to look for the serial killer.

2) Can you explain this mysterious message from the late Apollo/Kantor a bit more. How has it narrowed the hunt for Kratos down to 2 people?

Vetteman94 said:

Explain the risk?   Cause I dont see it

The risk is three-fold if we lynch Hatmoza and he's telling the truth.

1) We lose the chance to recruit a powerful ally (Kratos.)
2) We lynch a townie for the mafia.
3) We waste a lynch.

I sure am loving the numbered lists tonight.