By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

Hephaestos said:
c03n3nj0 said:

^ I forgot to mention heph could still be targeted by the mafia shrink. 

you mean the dead one?

lol

thanks for your contributions everyone.

Let's just bide our time til we hear from the others.Republic, Hat, Nikells, more from dtewi, and silver tiger.

j0, about me knowing so much, do you now see my frustration throughout the game and my targeting of people who tried to talk me out of it? I've figured out like 75% of who everyone is and what's going on with barely any help. Sure I threw out a lot of accusations, and a lot of jabber, but so far I'm 50/50 on people I was going to lynch, 2 of them being mario and vette, who played very badly and made very bad assumptions.

Well, suffice to say, I've re-read the entire thread and the people who stick out most to me are Heph, ToS, and Nikells. Heph though could be substitued with Hat. It's possible that Hat got culted during the whole bussing around.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
dtewi said:

@theprof

So it could be in that My Recent Threads list and he can keep up with it.

OT:

OK, so 3 mafia are dead.

There are either 2-3 left.

And there's probably 2-3 cult left.

This means 4-6 people who are evil in the town, and there's 10 people left.

Half of the people in this game are now evil. That's a bit of a scary thought.

So here's what we know:

There's a mafia bus driver.

There's a mafia psychiatrist.

Hatmoza has not been able to cure Hephaestos.

With a mafia bus driver, the mafia can cure Heph while at the same time make sure hatmoza can't know he wasn't cured.

Example: They switch Heph with Random Person A. Hatmoza targets Heph, but is switched to Random Person A. The scum target Random Person A, and cure Heph. Heph is now scum.

If they continue to switch Heph, then hatmoza wouldn't be able to target Heph. But now, with the fact that there is a mafia psychiatrist, it's close to foolishness to allow Heph to live.

Although there's one question I have. If he were scum, why would he have been helping the town?

A couple of points, I wanted to bring up:

- You're thinking about a 5-6 person Mafia with all the other factions we already know about!!! That's insane!

- 2-3 cult members sounds reasonable, but I'd go with 2 since from what we know nen killed on Night One, probably recruited Nights 2 and 3 and then he died.

- Why are talking about the Mafia psychiatrist in the present tense?

It's not insane?

There were 20 people in this game. 5 or 6 scum roaming about isn't that much. It's usually a 1:3, ratio, and 5 would mean 5:15. There could be 4 mafia, or 6 mafia.

And that was my bad grammar, sorry.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
TruckOSaurus said:
dtewi said:

@theprof

OT:

OK, so 3 mafia are dead.

So here's what we know:

With a mafia bus driver, the mafia can cure Heph while at the same time make sure hatmoza can't know he wasn't cured.

Example: They switch Heph with Random Person A. Hatmoza targets Heph, but is switched to Random Person A. The scum target Random Person A, and cure Heph. Heph is now scum.

If they continue to switch Heph, then hatmoza wouldn't be able to target Heph. But now, with the fact that there is a mafia psychiatrist, it's close to foolishness to allow Heph to live.

Although there's one question I have. If he were scum, why would he have been helping the town?

- You're thinking about a 5-6 person Mafia with all the other factions we already know about!!! That's insane!

- 2-3 cult members sounds reasonable, but I'd go with 2 since from what we know nen killed on Night One, probably recruited Nights 2 and 3 and then he died.

It's not insane?

There were 20 people in this game. 5 or 6 scum roaming about isn't that much. It's usually a 1:3, ratio, and 5 would mean 5:15. There could be 4 mafia, or 6 mafia.

5 mafia makes the most sense to me, though there could be 6.

dtewi is right. By standard vanilla setup, it's 3:1, meaning 5 mafia. Additionally, because of the cult and two SKs, 5 is more likely than 6. Because that lowers the ratio to like 12 : 5 or 2.2:1 I would say 2:1 is in fantastic odds against the town. So I'm guessing that there are only 2 more. and at max 2-3 cultists, if cult could be recruited every single night.

Being that there are only 10 players left, that would mean a spread of 4:1:3:2 townie, SK, cult, mafia.

this game is seriously fucked up.

theprof00 said:

Also, who's making the next mafia game, because I would love to.

I'm gonna.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
theprof00 said:

I'm gonna.

any idea of the theme yet?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
dtewi said:
TruckOSaurus said:
dtewi said:

@theprof

OT:

OK, so 3 mafia are dead.

So here's what we know:

It's not insane?

5 mafia makes the most sense to me, though there could be 6.

dtewi is right. By standard vanilla setup, it's 3:1, meaning 5 mafia. Additionally, because of the cult and two SKs, 5 is more likely than 6. Because that lowers the ratio to like 12 : 5 or 2.2:1 I would say 2:1 is in fantastic odds against the town. So I'm guessing that there are only 2 more. and at max 2-3 cultists, if cult could be recruited every single night.

Being that there are only 10 players left, that would mean a spread of 4:1:3:2 townie, SK, cult, mafia.

this game is seriously fucked up.

Correction: a cult member was not recruited on Night 3. Nen decided to kill Vett instead of recruiting. So that means there are only two cultists.

It's a 5:1:2:2 spread. Or a 4:1:2:3 spread if there were 6 scum.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

theprof00 said:
dtewi said:
theprof00 said:

I'm gonna.

Probably Final Fantasy. Since it has an enrmous number of protagonists and antagonists, roles and names won't be too hard.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
theprof00 said:
dtewi said:
theprof00 said:

I'm gonna.

Probably Final Fantasy. Since it has an enrmous number of protagonists and antagonists, roles and names won't be too hard.

cool sounds great

Oh and I think the likelihood of nen recruiting a bus driver on night one (since the power was being used for evil by night 2, the bus driver would have to have been recruited then) are extremely low. Like a 6% chance.

A mafia bus driver makes more sense. Heph's story relies on too much chance. AND his kill turned a different color. 

And Sabby is a mafia psychiatrist. 

All of this evidence just screams Heph was recruited to the mafia.

Vote: Hephaestos

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

tracking....