By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

Well, I think we've gotten more or less what we're going to get out of the discussion.  

Vote sabby.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Oh and if sabby turns out to be lying then hatmoza may not have successfully targeted heph after all (bussed again).  So everyone keep that in mind.  I hope theprof has been busy blocking people he suspects of bussing?  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

GodOfWar_3ever said:

I'm leaving Vgchartz after this mafia game ends.

oh and forgot to quote this last night...

WTF?

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

theRepublic said:
Hephaestos said:

7)

So the town has 1 lynch a day, while there is a cult (1-2 members) and Mafiosis (2-3), and barely any clues on the next ones (well see 8), so out of 12 players there are 3-5 others, 1 SK and possibly as low as 6 townies..... yeah sure please put on trail the extra kill you have... you know the one that just killed an SK, revealing the threat of a cult in the process.... I've proven to be a real threat to the town haven't I....

once again for the record, i'm not a threat till there are only 7 players left.... getting rid of me before then would be highly against the town's interests.

(oh I so hope i'm wrong on my #5 ).... :x

With a lynch and two night kills (one yours and one mafia), we will be down to only 6 players two days from now on Day Six.

However, if you don't kill, we could be at 8 players on Day Six.  I think that is a much more manageable situation.  Two less kills should buy us at least an extra day, giving the town more time to figure out what is going on.

I don't know how this works really, but since there is a cult:

_ can they chat at night like mafia?

_can they know who the other cultists are?

_can they recruit when the leader dies?

if that last one is "Yes", then killing slowly is not in the town's interest. (though soon it'll become cult vs mafia, with barely any town left...)

ps: oops, I cut a bit of rep's quote, but forgot to delete mine above... /not meant at taking things out of context, sorry.

Around the Network

does the cult have a night kill?

Vote Count

6 out of 12 players have voted

All Votes Sabby (L-1)

co3n3nj0, silver-tiger, dtewi, theprof00, TruckOSaurus, final fan 2.0

although I could hammer.... I believe we need to have some more cult discution going on...

An interesting idea....

Khuut dies night one

mafia kills FF night one

Squill lynched day 2

no more mafia kills... 2 nights in a row.

Can the cult start with more than just the leader? cause for balance's sake, since there is that growing faction and 2 SKs... can there only have been few mafiosi?

(well someone at L-1 may disprove that.... but the same someone was SK last game and didn't kill anyone in fear of being found out.... so 3 mafiosi is not a far stretch, and would explain the absense of night kills...)

Also, we had a cop... fair assessment that there was a deputy too.... do cult appear guilty?

Hephaestos said:
theRepublic said:
Hephaestos said:

7)

So the town has 1 lynch a day, while there is a cult (1-2 members) and Mafiosis (2-3), and barely any clues on the next ones (well see 8), so out of 12 players there are 3-5 others, 1 SK and possibly as low as 6 townies..... yeah sure please put on trail the extra kill you have... you know the one that just killed an SK, revealing the threat of a cult in the process.... I've proven to be a real threat to the town haven't I....

once again for the record, i'm not a threat till there are only 7 players left.... getting rid of me before then would be highly against the town's interests.

(oh I so hope i'm wrong on my #5 ).... :x

With a lynch and two night kills (one yours and one mafia), we will be down to only 6 players two days from now on Day Six.

However, if you don't kill, we could be at 8 players on Day Six.  I think that is a much more manageable situation.  Two less kills should buy us at least an extra day, giving the town more time to figure out what is going on.

I don't know how this works really, but since there is a cult:

_ can they chat at night like mafia?

_can they know who the other cultists are?

_can they recruit when the leader dies?

if that last one is "Yes", then killing slowly is not in the town's interest. (though soon it'll become cult vs mafia, with barely any town left...)

Based on past experience, and general knowledge of what these roles usually encompass,

-yes, definitely

-yes, definitely

-no, I am pretty sure

-regarding number of starting cultists, there can be more to start than just the leader, but considering the size of this game I'd be pretty surprised, unless the mafia was small.  In other words I wouldn't worry about ridiculous numbers of scum ... because hopefully GoW wouldn't do that to us.  

oh and FF... since i would assume you got a backlog of all of SCiFi's actions and info from Gow, any insights other than what you had reading the thread?