By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

Silver-Tiger said:
theprof00 said:

Questions relating to heph:

1) Why did he target nen when yesterday he said he was going to target noname or vette?
2) Why was there no mafia kill night 2? Could he have been recruited?
3) Why did he question his own story. "I killed nen"...."proof is "firey-figure", "unless that was hephaestos (he is the god of fire)" http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3603166

to 3):

He said he targeted nen and his proof is the "firey-figure". It's highly likely that there is also a role "Hephaestos", which is =/= the player "Heph".

The gamrconnect member Heph = Kratos

The role Hephaestos in this game = ???

I Hope you understand what I mean here.

oh yeah I know.

Pretty sure hephaestos IS in the game. And by that I mean the god, not the vgc member.

I think he's an am inventor that has sseveral one-shot abillities that take the form of inventions.

Around the Network
c03n3nj0 said:
Silver-Tiger said:
theprof00 said:

Questions relating to heph:

1) Why did he target nen when yesterday he said he was going to target noname or vette?
2) Why was there no mafia kill night 2? Could he have been recruited?
3) Why did he question his own story. "I killed nen"...."proof is "firey-figure", "unless that was hephaestos (he is the god of fire)" http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3603166

to 3):

He said he targeted nen and his proof is the "firey-figure". It's highly likely that there is also a role "Hephaestos", which is =/= the player "Heph".

The gamrconnect member Heph = Kratos

The role Hephaestos in this game = ???

I Hope you understand what I mean here.

You misunderstood. 

The point was, if Heph (kratos) killed nen, then why does he have to add doubt to his own story saying that his proof could also be Hephaestos the god? 

Yeah, it's like he said:
this proves my innocence, but it could be something else entirely....but still also proving my innocence

Oh by the way, I was looking upon mafiascum theory on the wiki and it clarified my "yomi" concept.

mafiascum refers to it as the WIFOM, and it's very scummy to use it when used to prove innocence. 

See, the reason why I use the yomi is because it is inherently biased towards the person that brings it up.

It makes them think about one escalating train of thought, "how do I figure this out" rather than more important things.

WIFOM stands for "wine in front of me" and refers to a particularly interesting scene in princess bride where one of the wine cups is poisoned and the hero and the villain are debating how best to solve the problem.

theprof00 said:

Oh by the way, I was looking upon mafiascum theory on the wiki and it clarified my "yomi" concept.

mafiascum refers to it as the WIFOM, and it's very scummy to use it when used to prove innocence. 

See, the reason why I use the yomi is because it is inherently biased towards the person that brings it up.

It makes them think about one escalating train of thought, "how do I figure this out" rather than more important things.

WIFOM stands for "wine in front of me" and refers to a particularly interesting scene in princess bride where one of the wine cups is poisoned and the hero and the villain are debating how best to solve the problem.

Well, I was getting the story with the yomis, and this video only confirmed this.

However, I seriously doubt any sane person would go over yomi 3 or 4. After that, it's getting ridiculous.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Basically it refers to j0s admission of what he did in the SF game, and what it looks like sabby is doing. 

He is asked to provide a name.

He has two options, make up a name, or give the name he has and claim ignorance to the specified alignment of the name.

This is where the wifom begins, because we question, "would he really give that name if he were mafia?"

then recursive logic begins for the people on the other end.

The wifom lies in that the answer is blatant, but causes recursive logic.

Obviously, he cannot pick a name because he would be caught. So he MUST use his own name and claim ignorance.

Take of it what you will, I'm not convinced, but that is how the tactic is usually played.

Around the Network
Silver-Tiger said:
theprof00 said:

Well, I was getting the story with the yomis, and this video only confirmed this.

However, I seriously doubt any sane person would go over yomi 3 or 4. After that, it's getting ridiculous.

yomi 3 loops back to yomi 1, because it becomes recursive after that.

look at the post I just made as well.

theprof00 said:

Basically it refers to j0s admission of what he did in the SF game, and what it looks like sabby is doing. 

He is asked to provide a name.

He has two options, make up a name, or give the name he has and claim ignorance to the specified alignment of the name.

This is where the wifom begins, because we question, "would he really give that name if he were mafia?"

then recursive logic begins for the people on the other end.

The wifom lies in that the answer is blatant, but causes recursive logic.

Obviously, he cannot pick a name because he would be caught. So he MUST use his own name and claim ignorance.

Take of it what you will, I'm not convinced, but that is how the tactic is usually played.

The way to beat wifom is to go along with it, use the information provided (in this case name=/=alignment) and see if he follows up by using the distraction to make a move.

Here it would have been him joining me in accusing noname. I'll go see if he does that.

he doesn't 

Also, 10,000 posts!

actually, there's a very simple solution to all this.

TO ALL TOWNIES, DO YOU HAVE A TITAN NAME?

No need to roleclaim or name-claim. Do you have a titan's name or not?

theprof00 said:
Silver-Tiger said:
theprof00 said:

yomi 3 loops back to yomi 1, because it becomes recursive after that.

look at the post I just made as well.

I understand that it goes recursive after that, I just mean nobody would seriously think about yomi 8, way too complicated.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.