By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

nen-suer said:
Hephaestos said:
Final-Fan said:

Ah, but here's the best part:  I DON'T know if he's telling the truth.  At least, there are significant things he might be lying about, even if he is not lying about other things.  

Plus I vow to do my absolute best to completely disregard what my previous role KNEW as opposed to what the town SUSPECTS.  Considering my level of knowledge I am confident I can do this.  

so you did interact with a player...

I dont think so...he was blocked and then died

unless you mean he talked about the game with one of the players on his wall or using a pm's

talking about this:

"

Ah, but here's the best part:  I DON'T know if he's telling the truth.  At least, there are significant things he might be lying about, even if he is not lying about other things. 

"

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

I'm not loving the idea of Final Fan stepping back in to replace SFB, FF is a great player and I wish he hadn't died so early but it's far from ideal.
For one think we've already learned far too much from FF already and he's not even been put back into the game yet.
I also personally believe that when you're dead you should stay dead: it gives the game more weight.

If there's really no one else (even if it's someone who doesn't have the time to read the previous posts) I guess it's the lesser of two evils though. :(

I think FF should be allowed to come back, he is one of the few I would guess could tolerate reading 2500 posts. I cant imagine that any PM he got would be useful,  he was blocked and killed the first night.  Didnt GodofWar_3ever come back after playing for 3 or 4 days?  

I say let him back in

wow I thought everyone would be against it.

of course vette is the exact opposite of whatever option seems realistic, so, I don't know.

I'd let him in if not for anything else but the sole fact that the townies need help, and I think sfb was a townie.

Either way, it's an interesting dynamic.

Hephaestos said:
nen-suer said:
Hephaestos said:
Final-Fan said:

Plus I vow to do my absolute best to completely disregard what my previous role KNEW as opposed to what the town SUSPECTS.  Considering my level of knowledge I am confident I can do this.  

so you did interact with a player...

I dont think so...he was blocked and then died

unless you mean he talked about the game with one of the players on his wall or using a pm's

talking about this:

"Ah, but here's the best part:  I DON'T know if he's telling the truth.  At least, there are significant things he might be lying about, even if he is not lying about other things."

The emphasis should be on IF.  And I didn't specify whether I have any secret knowledge at all; my "level of knowledge" could be zero.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

I don't mind Final-Fan coming back in the game (he did died on the first night two games in a row).

Gnizmo's Internet connection is back online, he's played many games before, he could be interested in filling in, not sure how he'd feel about reading the whole thread since he probably hasn't kept up with it at all.

Signature goes here!

Final-Fan said:
The emphasis should be on IF.  And I didn't specify whether I have any secret knowledge at all; my "level of knowledge" could be zero.  

Speaking as SFB3.0, I can offer a few hypotheses that could explain the cop not having any info if he was blocked and then died:  

- failed to send in a query (exiting bedchamber because he overslept )

- blocked in such a way that he was not notified other than getting no result

-- hatmoza could, COULD be lying about the description he received, or there could be another blocker

Heck, even if otherFF was told that he was blocked by Aphrodite, it doesn't mean that theprof is telling the truth AT ALL.  Hypothetically, he could be mafia falseclaiming his fellow mafia's role, because of some daytime strategy he wanted to pursue and didn't think the other guy could handle in the key role or even just came up with it since morning.  Not that I, SFB3.0, consider that a very likely scenario despite theprof's predilection for machiavellian maneuvering; but it COULD have happened.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:
Hephaestos said:

talking about this:

"Ah, but here's the best part:  I DON'T know if he's telling the truth.  At least, there are significant things he might be lying about, even if he is not lying about other things."

the whole point is that it should be zero for you to come back.... and you're not acting like you know nothing (which in itself is information for the players already...)

Final-Fan said:
Final-Fan said:

Speaking as SFB3.0, I can offer a few hypotheses that could explain the cop not having any info if he was blocked and then died:  

- failed to send in a query (exiting bedchamber because he overslept )

- blocked in such a way that he was not notified other than getting no result

-- hatmoza could, COULD be lying about the description he received, or there could be another blocker

Heck, even if otherFF was told that he was blocked by Aphrodite, it doesn't mean that theprof is telling the truth AT ALL.  Hypothetically, he could be mafia falseclaiming his fellow mafia's role, because of some daytime strategy he wanted to pursue and didn't think the other guy could handle in the key role or even just came up with it since morning.  Not that I, SFB3.0, consider that a very likely scenario despite theprof's predilection for machiavellian maneuvering; but it COULD have happened.  

speaking as SFB 3.0... it's night...

Also I'd like to remind people that although this is an extremely unusual night, it IS a night, so if you're not PMing because the town is talking then get to it.  And also we should keep our town talk on the general subject of accepting or rejecting me instead of scumhunting, although that subject is obviously extending beyond up or down votes.  I'm just putting out those hypotheses in that context.