By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

Hephaestos said:

First, thanks to all the ones that realize that an SK is just a parameter until the later phase of the game (more there : *****).

Hahaha, I love how D and P just got on my back right at the begining of the day.

1)    Dtewi was my vote yesterday, before I FoSed him, no one was on his back, he probably has a grudge against me because of that, and as I pointed out in my initial FoS he’s a bit inconsistant in his reasons to FoS/vote.
-> I’ll put his eagerness to lynch me on the count of revenge.

2)    Prof on the other hand always let out a little disbelief of the SK situation, however he only fully opened the gates of his floodposting when I pointed out his « I know Zeus » post. Since then, he’s made purposefull contradictions and managed to make most of the users look like lurkers as they read through 200 posts each time they log on.  Whether he’s town or not, I do not know, but he’s definitely not the person to lead the town.
Examples of his misconceptions:

a. He insinuates that I could be mafia posing as the SK
b. His best firend is Nickels, as they have the same list.
c. I put my neck on the line to avoid the town lynching Nickels
d. so if he thinks i'm mafia, Nickels should be too...
e. nope, that wouldn't cross his mind..... yet it discredits the theory.

a. He called to role block me... why?
b. Do you block a vigilante? no.
c. Does a player who wants to join the town try to hurt the town? no.
d. again, this makes no sense at all.

Does he assume i'm gonna kill known townies?
 ***** What is the point of killing townies when you're an SK? none whatsoever. What you do is you kill off the inactives that you can't read or the people that scramble everything. Then, you kill off mafia, cause they can kill you randomly without you defending yourself.
When is an SK a threat to townies? Only when there are 7 people left... you'll assume 2 mafia, 1 SK and 4 townies, there the SK will try to lynch mafia and then Kill townies.
My only option is to target lurkers and other possible scum or town hurting people. I can't lay a finger on the active people, that is the role of the town to find out if they are scum or not. This is exactly what a Vigilante should do too. Do you really think pointing at Prof and saying "vigilante kill him" would work? no cause a bus driver would then control the kill.
The only difference between an SK and a vigilante is later in the game, when there are very few players left, there the SK is a liability, before that, he's just a parameter of the game.
Blocking me is not in the interest of the town as it removes the background sweep I can do.

Thank you for the insight. Truly, it is helping. This IS my first game, which I'm sure you're aware of.

However, I no longer consider you to be a liability. There was an ingenious mafia plot to spread confusion this morning and I have discovered this purpose and pointed it out. Hat agrees with me.

Around the Network

nothing against you prof, just that you shoot too many bullets... you even asked for double lynches twice... on different pleople ....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

And by the way heph, you WERE a liability. Don't try to fit the puzzle pieces the way you like them. 

There were uncertainties that could have posed a problem. Don't try to shift focus on me or dtewi when we have sm128 RIGHT HERE. Almost admitting to being a mafia, and noname's actions too. We are potentially looking at two mafioso and you're talking about me and dtewi? 

And you question people that suspect you? You look like you're shifting attention! Not really though, you look like someone who posted based on the other posts he has read up to a point. I'm wondering if you've even finished reading the thread yet.

Hephaestos said:

nothing against you prof, just that you shoot too many bullets... you even asked for double lynches twice... on different pleople ....

I don't even know how to double lynch. XD

I know I called for double lynches but I never actually followed through. Confusion is as mucha townie tactic as it is a mafia one

@Heph: Are you limited to one kill every other day or did you just choose not to kill last night?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

a. He insinuates that I could be mafia posing as the SK
b. His best firend is Nickels, as they have the same list.
c. I put my neck on the line to avoid the town lynching Nickels
d. so if he thinks i'm mafia, Nickels should be too...
e. nope, that wouldn't cross his mind..... yet it discredits the theory.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

a: You could be. There is nothing preventing that. It would be a smart move for the mafia to make given the circumstance that they had a recruiter. It would have allowed the mafia to target other potential SKs.

b: He isn't my best friend. He came up with one list, and I came up with another. The overlap of suspects in the list led to the move against squilliam.

c: You didn't have to. I've already told you that I was squashing the move against nikells because we didn't need to lynch him. Go back and see. It wasn't my move, it was hat's move. People were voting for nikells based on hat's plan. Hat's plan was great, but it had some consequences. I modified the plan to save us that consequence.

d: That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. It doesn't logically follow, and sounds, well scummy, if I wasn't already sure you just didn't know what you were talking about.

e: same as above.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

a. He called to role block me... why?
b. Do you block a vigilante? no.
c. Does a player who wants to join the town try to hurt the town? no.
d. again, this makes no sense at all.

a) Because you might have killed someone. We couldn't be sure about you. You're a threat. No ifs ands or buts about it.
b) That's a dumb question. How do you prove a vigilante isn't a serial killer or anythng else. Role claims are faked. People that claim they can kill for town are suspicious. If you actually became a vigilante I wouldn't want you to be blocked. Are you assuming that I would?
c) I feel like you're getting the wrong idea. We don't have you hooked up to a lie detector. You act like everything you say should be trusted 100%. Why would you even think that the game is played that way?
d) You're right, you do make no sense.

And dude. I trapped sm128 and noname last night. And yet nobody seems to want to do anything about it. wtf?

I know I'm not fit to lead. But I don't shoot too many bullets. 

It's more like I'm an old school English firing squad. Only one shot really has the bullet. All the others are blanks designed to confuse.

theprof00 said:

And you question people that suspect you? You look like you're shifting attention! Not really though, you look like someone who posted based on the other posts he has read up to a point. I'm wondering if you've even finished reading the thread yet.

that and i'm also defending myself a little... i do have to stay alive until i'm cured otherwise it's my loss (the town's too, but mostly mine :p)

i'm about done reading the thread though and will contribute on the ideas

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

theprof00 said:

And dude. I trapped sm128 and noname last night. And yet nobody seems to want to do anything about it. wtf?

It's more like I'm an old school English firing squad. Only one shot really has the bullet. All the others are blanks designed to confuse.

Confusion is bad for the town and good for the Mafia. The Mafia know each other so they don't second guess who is who (except for the SK) so someone confusing the town is perfect for them to hide. Townies on the other hand can't trust anyone other than themselves most of the time, we don't need someone confusing us even more.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:

Confusion is bad for the town and good for the Mafia. The Mafia know each other so they don't second guess who is who (except for the SK) so someone confusing the town is perfect for them to hide. Townies on the other hand can't trust anyone other than themselves most of the time, we don't need someone confusing us even more.

confusion creates confidence in the mafia.

I understand for the future games I will have to tone it down a lot. But I'm sure that the mafia liked having someone that spread their ideas....until I turned around and threw it in their face.