By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

dtewi said:
supermario128 said:

^^
I don't think there has been any evidence to suggest we have two mafia fractions, just like you said. The people who think there are more than one are either just assuming there are because it is a large game, found out because of their night actions, or might know because they are mafia themselves and have a small mafia fraction concluding there must be another.

I don't think there could be another fraction because of all the night kills we had night one that were not from mafia. Although maybe the other fraction was blocked/ targeted wrong both times.

There is a good amount of evidence, such as FF being role blocked and killed. You seem rather defensive about the idea.

There's a saying in mafia. "Lynch all lurkers."

You're on the shit list friend. Expect a vote tomorrow.

But if there are two Mafia factions, why aren't the A and B titles given to them? It's possible that something crazy happened on Day 1, leading to the Mafia killing and blocking Final-Fan.

Also, you and theProf are inclined to lynch Heph. But guys like noname and Hatmoza suggest that they will find the Whore and kill her, although I don't know how this will work out. There is more to look into though instead of just lynching Heph without taking a look at the possibilities. Since everyone has a role, I'd think that there could be a bus driver or another role which may help us recruit Heph. By lynching Heph today, we lose a possible vigilante, and have a useless townie (Hatmoza). By tomorrow, if Hatmoza still doesn't recruit Heph, we could lynch him then because we would know for sure that there isn't a role to stop or divert the prostitute from blocking Hatmoza. 

I'm just saying this because we lose a vigilante which would prove to be a very useful role, especially towards the end of the game where he can be put to excellent use. Also, if you look back, we now know that we probably don't have a tracker; because if we did, he would have exposed the prostitute by now. But do we know that we have a bus driver?

I'm not in any way backing Heph. A vigilante would be a great asset to have.

Around the Network
dtewi said:

A prostitute is a mafia roleblocker. Look it up in the Wiki.

A pro-town roleblocker wouldn't have blocked Final-Fan. That's common sense.

I know that.

And how is it common sense? No one knew he was the cop night one. It makes more sense that the role blocker wasn't part of the mafia.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

dtewi said:
supermario128 said:
dtewi said:

A prostitute is a mafia, mafia, role blocker. The prostitute blocked Final Fan. Another one killed him. It makes much sense since no mafia would be stupid to block and kill someone.

Night 2 is crazy, but there must be an explanation.

And you're a lurker. You admitted it.

Can you link me to where it was confirmed that there was actually a mafia prostitute. Hatmoza said he was blocked by a "prostitute". We can't CONCLUDE that he is a member of a second mafia fraction, or part of the mafia at all, is what I am saying. Maybe FF was blocked by someone else. In a game this large there may be more than one role blocker you know.

A prostitute is a mafia roleblocker. Look it up in the Wiki.

A pro-town roleblocker wouldn't have blocked Final-Fan. That's common sense.

Wait, why wouldn't a pro town role blocker block Final-Fan? A role blocker can block whoever he thinks is most suspicious. If we do have a  pro-town role blocker, maybe he felt Final was the most suspicious on day one?

Anyways, it's 3am here, so I'm going off in a few mins.

sabby_e17 said:

Wait, why wouldn't a pro town role blocker block Final-Fan? A role blocker can block whoever he thinks is most suspicious. If we do have a  pro-town role blocker, maybe he felt Final was the most suspicious on day one?

That is what I said above! (sort of) -_-

Nintendo still doomed?

supermario128 said:
sabby_e17 said:

That is what I said above! (sort of) -_-

Yeh, well, when I was typing it, you hadn't posted your post yet on my screen...

Around the Network

So, any other evidence now that yours was disproved dtewi? We can easily have a prostitute and a pro town role blocker in this game.

Nintendo still doomed?

has anyone else yet not made an appearance? I know heph hasn't, who else?

Can I get a call to vote for heph? If you don't have a better alternative, please explain why, or vote. We have no more evidence than we had yesterday, when squill was really the only obvious target.

However, I do want to point out that supermario128 has been lurking quite a bit and basically said he wanted to stay out of the mafias eye;.

There are other potentialities, but like I said before we went after squilliam, we really need to focus on one at a time. Both heph and sm128 are good potentials, but consider also that Heph is still a threat. Everything that I predicted in the SK scenario has worked out. The only thing that isn't confirmed is a potential mafia recruiter. We are taking a big risk if heph lives, and even if mafia doesn't have a recruiting possibility, the will endlessly block hat until we find the blocker (aphrodite, if you will).

Right now we face a small piece of information that goes against most logic. It has us arguing over whether or not roles exist and goes against the character alignments we've seen. Something isn't right in the SK world. We need to fix that.

Do what you think is right, but don't make speculations when we have an unanswered question in our midst.

theprof00 said:

There are other potentialities, but like I said before we went after squilliam, we really need to focus on one at a time. Both heph and sm128 are good potentials, but consider also that Heph is still a threat.

Everyone is still a "potential", I don't see how you can focus on one or two people and just forget about everyone else. How do we know you are not mafia trying to make yourself look good for the town by posting like crazy?

Nintendo still doomed?

supermario128 said:
theprof00 said:

There are other potentialities, but like I said before we went after squilliam, we really need to focus on one at a time. Both heph and sm128 are good potentials, but consider also that Heph is still a threat.

Everyone is still a "potential", I don't see how you can focus on one or two people and just forget about everyone else. How do we know you are not mafia trying to make yourself look good for the town by posting like crazy?

on the level I'm playing on and have been demonstrating, it would make sense for me to go after squill even if I was a mafia. That is a smart move. All I can say is I'm not.

Heph is NOT a potential. He is a threat. He's not on our team and never will be. Hat is just going to get blocked again. The real risk we face, is whether or not (like I said) mafia forewent their kill to recruit heph. It doesn't make any sense that they would have tried to kill heph last night since he would have been doctored, and the only other possible target would have been Hatmoza, and he was blocked. Additionally, his role is useless without the SK, so going after him wouldn't have been a good move at all.

They also could have killed ANYONE else last night.

Logically, the possibility that they recruited heph last night is very high. The only other smart move would have been to kill a different townie, and that didn't happen.

supermario128 said:

So, any other evidence now that yours was disproved dtewi? We can easily have a prostitute and a pro town role blocker in this game.

Yes we could.

And I think the notion a pro-town roleblocker blocked Final-Fan is unlikely.

Then again, 2 factions isn't that certain either.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you