By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - dropped gts 250 for HD5770

My PSU failed over the weekend which ended up in an expensive shopping trip. 1 PSU and 1 GPU (that was an indulgence)

Corsair 650W TX (£72) replaces Akasa 400W knackered PSU

XFX Radeon 5770 (£129) replaces Trusty Geoforce 9600GT

As PSU's go the Corsair is pretty neat and definately quiet, the Akasa was doing OK but I suspect at 400W it was probably at max load to often hence why I got the frantic phone telling me my PC was on fire (It wasnt by the way just smelled a bit acrid).

The 5770 is obvioulsy an order of magnitude better than my old card and noticeably smoother and better graphics although I was happy with the 9600 as it managed to play TF2 well enough. Well thats what I though but I know realise it was choppy as hell the new card is way way better and makes for a way smoother game. It also came with Assassin's Creed so I will get a chance to play that now (bit complicated for me tbh).

LAN party next weekend so had not choice but to splash the cash, gotta get my baby ready for a weekend of fragtasticness.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.