By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How many PS3 games will break the 10 million sold barrier?

How many PS3 games will break the 10 million sold barrier?

0 0 0%

1 319 38.48%

2 203 24.49%

3 112 13.51%

4 44 5.31%

5 or more 151 18.21%

Total:829

MW2 will do it eventually, but I think GT5 will miss it by a million or so... Other than that, it's speculation of games that might not even exist.

VGChartz

Around the Network

MW2 will leg past it.  That's the only sure thing.

I think MW2 sales will fall rapidly after CoD Black Ops is released. The competition for the FPS genre is huge so games might have a hard time to have legs, because there always is "the next big thing". Halo is the exception of the rule.

Once CoD Black Ops, Crysis 2, Killzone 3 are released, I can't see a lot of people still picking up MW2. It will be close though.

The hype for GT5 is almost not there. Way too many delays ruined the hype. Preorders in NA aren't "huge" in any way and here in Germany, there is little to no attention towards GT5. I think GT5 might be the only game to do 10 million, but I doubt it is a sureshot. 50/50 IMO.

So I say 0.5 :D

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

It is nice that what i though of GT5 and MW2 is what every one else thinks. they are they only ones that would possible make it but know one know about Black Ops yet though.

DirtyP2002 said:

I think MW2 sales will fall rapidly after CoD Black Ops is released. The competition for the FPS genre is huge so games might have a hard time to have legs, because there always is "the next big thing". Halo is the exception of the rule.

Once CoD Black Ops, Crysis 2, Killzone 3 are released, I can't see a lot of people still picking up MW2. It will be close though.

The hype for GT5 is almost not there. Way too many delays ruined the hype. Preorders in NA aren't "huge" in any way and here in Germany, there is little to no attention towards GT5. I think GT5 might be the only game to do 10 million, but I doubt it is a sureshot. 50/50 IMO.

MW1 is still selling well after the next big things happening

and MW1 is way bigger than it and you still think it will drop fast

and over that you think HALO is an exception...................WOW

Around the Network

I'll go with 3

1. MW2

2. GT5

3. Next GTA game

MW2 will probably hit 9 million eventually somewhere down the road. 

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Solid_Snake4RD said:
DirtyP2002 said:

At the current rate, MW2 should cross 10 million around April the 9th, 2011. Without any decline this is. I think Black Ops, Killzone 3, Crysis 2, Bulletstorm will eat some the sales.

And Halo is in its 150th week and sold 10k this week. More than MW1.

We will see when or if MW2 crosses the 10 million mark.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
DirtyP2002 said:

At the current rate, MW2 should cross 10 million around April the 9th, 2011. Without any decline this is. I think Black Ops, Killzone 3, Crysis 2, Bulletstorm will eat some the sales.

And Halo is in its 150th week and sold 10k this week. More than MW1.

We will see when or if MW2 crosses the 10 million mark.

sure they will eat MW2 sales but that it wouldn't stop MW2 from selling and nobody is expecting it to do it by April 9th,it will sell for a way longer time and reach 10m

why are you even comparing HALO to MW1,mw1 was nowhere near a big franchise as big it is now

and don't forget HALO 3 actually started selling low  but when last year MS bundled the game it resed up again

then HALO wars and HALO ODST came and then HALO 3 again started selling.those two games  weren't that good selling themselves but they kept the HALO name in the news and that helped HALO 3

if halo wars,odst and the bundling didn't happen halo 3 would not be selling that good atm

Like Darth said, I wish we had the graphs back. MW2 is all but guaranteed people. It's not like the game is going to suddenly drop to nothing once Black Ops comes out. I wouldn't be surprised if it hits it by the end of the year. I'm not going to even bother arguing about about GT5, it will make it. I can hardly wait for it to release so all doubters can eat crow. Other than those two it's hard to say. I doubt Black Ops and maybe a slim outside chance of MW3. Maybe Sports Champions.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4