By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Lady GaGa to release new album with genre defining music

Mr. sickVisionz said:

I never understood the extreme hate this lady gets.  She makes decent techno-pop and all of it isn't fuck-me-here-and-now like the genre has devolved into.  I'm not quite sure what about that makes people rage out so much.  She wears weird clothes but I thought only women, girls, and flaming queers where able to get ragged over fashion.

No it pretty much is "fuck me here and now."  Lady Gaga is the brilliant lyricist behind lyrics like "I wanna take a ride on your disco stick," which is one of the most direct ways you could possibly say "I want to bounce around on your penis."  Subtlety and metaphor aren't her strong points.

Around the Network

Does anyone else thinks alejandro is a rip-off of alegria. Because i got the feeling it resembles that song a bit too much. I'm just sayin'.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

No, you haven't done your research. She's had TWO Billboard Hot 100 number 1's ("Womanizer" and "3") since 2008. She only has one other #1 in her entire career. And if you knew anything about the music industry, you'd know that album sales are WAY down in general. It's a miracle that Gaga's able to sell 10 million albums in a time like this.

Too bad the fact that she had 2 #1  in the past few years has contributed nothing to really push the sales of her albums.

"Shakes head" Since 2007 (Using this year because I referenced Blackout, which camer out in 07') their have been a fair amount of Artist that have had strong album sales. Also can you stop making the "research" comments because I'm actually giving a reasonable argument instead of a half-assed response (like what you've been doing).

Any person who looks at the billboard album charts knows that record album sales in the U.S are down significantly, now had "you" known anything about the music industry (as you called me out on) you would have know that worldwide sales figures are still maintaining a fairly stable level. ( The music industry isnt just the U.S :P )

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-2007.htm

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-2008.htm

http://www.mediatraffic.de/year-end-albums.htm

Here's a small list of artists (don't have time to find ever multiplat seller) who've maintained  significant sales (U.S figures)

Nickel Back - Dark Horse (3 Million)

Kid Rock - Rock N Roll Jesus (3 Million)

Linkin Park - Minutes To Midnight (3 Million)

AC/DC - Black Ice (2 million plus ) Last updated number for this album was 2008, which is why I put plus 

Taylor Swift - (6 Million)

Coldplay - Viva La Vida (2.7 Millon)

Beyonce - I Am Sasha Feirce (2.7 Million)

Alicia Keys -  As I Am (3.7 Million)

Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D (2.7 million)

Lil Wayne - The Carter III (3.5 Million)

You can wikipedia the albums which give you the numbers for the albums sales (they provide R.I.A.A articles for the figures)

You're missing the point. I never said Britney didn't decline. You said Lady Gaga will be forgotten like Britney Spears. I was just trying to prove that that comparison is vapid because Britney is still relevant 10 years later and her career is showing no signs of stopping. She made Forbes top-earning celebrities list this year without releasing any new material.

/discussion.

Actually for quite a few years her career looked like it was over. In reality the attempt she made at a comeback made a little bit of waves but really not enough that it's going to keep her afloat for the next few years. I would be really suprised if she attempts to make another record after  circus (which had mediocre sales for a pop star). She made forbes list as do a good majority of pop stars  becasue they charge $200-400 for a concert ticket "decent seat"  While most bands charge around $50 (e.g Arcade Fire)

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Why do we always end up discussing artists like Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift and Kesha? And the arguments seem to be the same always.

Shes great for a pop artist, but pop music is very limited.

pastro243 said:

Why do we always end up discussing artists like Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift and Kesha? And the arguments seem to be the same always.

Not really, well not unless you limit the definition of pop. The two bands I'm currently listening to heaps are both pop bands, at least by my definition.

Around the Network

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
leo-j said:
thelalaby said:
leo-j said:

Yes but rihanna has never been an out there type of performer 24/7, disturbia was a theme for her song..

Then again Rated R is a completely differen't side of her. Who knows, all I know is most artists have become a bit more provocative in there performances, and have upped the ante a little bit compared to a generation ago, when it was ok to lip sync.

All for the best

Ok, you are acting like nobody has been provocative in their performances before Lady GaGa started singing or like no dance song has ever hit no.1 before Lady GaGa. Most songs that hit no.1 are dance songs, and this has been case since forever.

give me 10 dance techno songs that have gone #1 in the U.S before lady gaga.. in other words before mid 2008

Lady GaGa's songs are electropop not techno, or at least according to wikipedia and billboard. Other electropop songs that hit no.1 include Madonna's "Music" in 2000 and Cher's "Believe" a couple years prior. You want more? I'll give you more, it won't be hard to find them.

Point is, dance music has ALWAYS been popular. "Boom Boom Pow" and "I Gotta Feeling" were released shortly after "Poker Face" and the former possibly around the time "Poker Face" got popular so there's no way they would have been inspired by Lady GaGa whose first hit "Just Dance" was big but not exactly influential, it is also impossible to change the direction of an entire album in such a short timespan. My other point is that there's other artists who's taken this route (Black Eyed Peas) and have been extremely successful doing so.

Rath said:
pastro243 said:

Not really, well not unless you limit the definition of pop. The two bands I'm currently listening to heaps are both pop bands, at least by my definition.

Well, I was limiting it to the most known ones as Justin Beiber, Katty Perry and such, didnt consider most others.

Purely out of interest. Leo - why do you continue to insist that Lady Gaga is techno when her music style has nothing whatsoever to do with techno?

guiduc said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=3979 she wears the same cloths as christ she has a cross again in her pussy as she also had in bad romance this whole thing doesn 't seem right, such a hate for the cross

Wow... I didn't know that it had such a deep meaning...

Didn't you know? Lady Gaga is a puppet of the iluminati!