By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Lady GaGa to release new album with genre defining music

I can't quite understand Lady Gaga, she goes on talk shows and acts like a conservative, quaint, sweetheart but when she goes out and gets on stage she acts like a total tramp. I see generation defining music in the terms of female pop artists as people like Beyonce, Mariah Carey, Madonna, and Whitney Houston. She is like Rihanna or Katy Perry, a lackluster singer who is popular for catchy tunes with no depth and acting 'different'. 

She has done nothing original thus far, I haven't looked too far into it but I highly doubt she writes or composes her music. Her voice is lackluster, and eventually people will get tired of her. 

Around the Network
Conner52 said:

I can't quite understand Lady Gaga, she goes on talk shows and acts like a conservative, quaint, sweetheart but when she goes out and gets on stage she acts like a total tramp. I see generation defining music in the terms of female pop artists as people like Beyonce, Mariah Carey, Madonna, and Whitney Houston. She is like Rihanna or Katy Perry, a lackluster singer who is popular for catchy tunes with no depth and acting 'different'. 

She has done nothing original thus far, I haven't looked too far into it but I highly doubt she writes or composes her music. Her voice is lackluster, and eventually people will get tired of her. 

It doesn't matter if she writes or not , "I am a free bitch, baby!" isn't the kind of lyrics that blows my head off.

leo-j said:

Yes but rihanna has never been an out there type of performer 24/7, disturbia was a theme for her song..

Then again Rated R is a completely differen't side of her. Who knows, all I know is most artists have become a bit more provocative in there performances, and have upped the ante a little bit compared to a generation ago, when it was ok to lip sync.

All for the best

Do you live and breathe lady gaga? It's fine that she's your idol,but why do you have to constantly makes threads about her and defend her at all cost? If people hate her,than they hate her,your not going to convert those people into praising her every move,no matter what you say.

I never understood the extreme hate this lady gets.  She makes decent techno-pop and all of it isn't fuck-me-here-and-now like the genre has devolved into.  I'm not quite sure what about that makes people rage out so much.  She wears weird clothes but I thought only women, girls, and flaming queers where able to get ragged over fashion.

Mr. sickVisionz said:

I never understood the extreme hate this lady gets.  She makes decent techno-pop and all of it isn't fuck-me-here-and-now like the genre has devolved into.  I'm not quite sure what about that makes people rage out so much.  She wears weird clothes but I thought only women, girls, and flaming queers where able to get ragged over fashion.

I don't care about her,but what does it matter,if you like her music. Hater's are going to hate and lover's are going to love. lol

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
Mr. sickVisionz said:

I don't care about her,but what does it matter,if you like her music. Hater's are going to hate and lover's are going to love. lol

These threads are instigating hate, it's okay to have that opinion that her music is genre "defining" but brandishing that thought infront of all of us there is obviously going to be disagreements.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

leo-j said:
TruckOSaurus said:
thelalaby said:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=15085&id=118289781533641#!/photo.php?pid=182004&id=118289781533641&ref=fbx_album

This is the facebook album with all the outfit comparisons, many of them are for Grace Jones and Roisin Murphy. Some of these pictures are hugely exaggerated I admit, but the majority show how original Lady GaGa really is. What really got me was the bolt thingy on her eye, which was taken directly from David Bowie.

Mr. Leo J the hair bow was done by Paris Hilton before Lady GaGa. Also, Michael Jackson is the most followed person on facebook and not Lady GaGa, and the president of the US is not the president of the world so having more fans than him on facebook doesn't really mean much because millions of people around the world wouldn't care about liking him on facebook. And GaGa is not much ahead of Justin Bieber, just look at all of his videos... they are all watched by MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people, which is absolutely rediculous. I personally find that boy obnoxious and talentless.

Another point is something I've pointed out before, some of her songs are rip offs. "Alejandro" is the biggest example as it's a total STEAL of Ace of Base's "Don't Turn Around" but of course GaGa fans tend to deny it and swear they sound nothing alike, which brings me to my next point; Lady GaGa are pretty much brainwashed. I always offer facts, you know pictures or videos or songs but for some reason none of it really matters one bit to the GaGa fans.

Her music videos, can somebody PLEASE tell me why she & Beyonce killed all those people in the Telephone video? Apparently it doesn't matter because it got nominated for Video Of The Year despite being absolutely retarded, and made no sense AT ALL. And that Alejandro video, what does it mean? I read what Steven Klein said and what the video means, and it was all nice but the video certainly didn't give me that impression, nor did it MEAN anything when I watched it. It felt like GaGa wanted to have soldiers, wanted to have gays, wanted to have a heart and wanted to be religiously-controversal without any of it relating to each other or making any sense. And don't get me started on how much that video resembled MANY of Madonna's videos such as "Like A Prayer", "Vogue", "Justify My Love" and "Erotica" among a couple more.

Just to expand on the Madonna comparison:

The vogue comparison is stupid since KLEIN was the director for the alejandro video, and alejandro is nothing like vogue.. , is it her fault that he directed many MADONNA videos? And sure maybe her "TFM" look resembles madonna in certain ways, , but her other looks do not resemble madonna at all.. look at the picture I posted in the OP..or these:

Madonna, Grace Jones, David Bowie, Micheal Jackson, and Laupner were huge inspirations to her.. but you can't say she blatently copies madonna 100% of the time. when that is completely false..

Steven Klein never directed ANY of Madonna's videos, "Alejandro" is his debut as a director. He's only done photography for Madonna in the past, so there's no excuse for the entire "Alejandro" sequence in black & white to be scarily similar to Madonna's, even in the outfit! And no, of course she doesn't copy Madonna 100% but she does most of the time, she copies MANY artists most of the time and then you have people telling you that she is ORIGINAL.

Also, you might be shocked if you check out the customs Cher wore over the years. If you think Lady GaGa is crazy, then you haven't seen Cher.

thelalaby said:
leo-j said:
TruckOSaurus said:
thelalaby said:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=15085&id=118289781533641#!/photo.php?pid=182004&id=118289781533641&ref=fbx_album

This is the facebook album with all the outfit comparisons, many of them are for Grace Jones and Roisin Murphy. Some of these pictures are hugely exaggerated I admit, but the majority show how original Lady GaGa really is. What really got me was the bolt thingy on her eye, which was taken directly from David Bowie.

Mr. Leo J the hair bow was done by Paris Hilton before Lady GaGa. Also, Michael Jackson is the most followed person on facebook and not Lady GaGa, and the president of the US is not the president of the world so having more fans than him on facebook doesn't really mean much because millions of people around the world wouldn't care about liking him on facebook. And GaGa is not much ahead of Justin Bieber, just look at all of his videos... they are all watched by MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people, which is absolutely rediculous. I personally find that boy obnoxious and talentless.

Another point is something I've pointed out before, some of her songs are rip offs. "Alejandro" is the biggest example as it's a total STEAL of Ace of Base's "Don't Turn Around" but of course GaGa fans tend to deny it and swear they sound nothing alike, which brings me to my next point; Lady GaGa are pretty much brainwashed. I always offer facts, you know pictures or videos or songs but for some reason none of it really matters one bit to the GaGa fans.

Her music videos, can somebody PLEASE tell me why she & Beyonce killed all those people in the Telephone video? Apparently it doesn't matter because it got nominated for Video Of The Year despite being absolutely retarded, and made no sense AT ALL. And that Alejandro video, what does it mean? I read what Steven Klein said and what the video means, and it was all nice but the video certainly didn't give me that impression, nor did it MEAN anything when I watched it. It felt like GaGa wanted to have soldiers, wanted to have gays, wanted to have a heart and wanted to be religiously-controversal without any of it relating to each other or making any sense. And don't get me started on how much that video resembled MANY of Madonna's videos such as "Like A Prayer", "Vogue", "Justify My Love" and "Erotica" among a couple more.

The vogue comparison is stupid since KLEIN was the director for the alejandro video, and alejandro is nothing like vogue.. , is it her fault that he directed many MADONNA videos? And sure maybe her "TFM" look resembles madonna in certain ways, , but her other looks do not resemble madonna at all.. look at the picture I posted in the OP..or these:

Madonna, Grace Jones, David Bowie, Micheal Jackson, and Laupner were huge inspirations to her.. but you can't say she blatently copies madonna 100% of the time. when that is completely false..

Steven Klein never directed ANY of Madonna's videos, "Alejandro" is his debut as a director. He's only done photography for Madonna in the past, so there's no excuse for the entire "Alejandro" sequence in black & white to be scarily similar to Madonna's, even in the outfit! And no, of course she doesn't copy Madonna 100% but she does most of the time, she copies MANY artists most of the time and then you have people telling you that she is ORIGINAL.

Also, you might be shocked if you check out the customs Cher wore over the years. If you think Lady GaGa is crazy, then you haven't seen Cher.

most artist copy other artist. It's been that way forever. It's hard to be 0 orginal,when everything's been pretty much done to death. lol

leo-j said:

Yes but rihanna has never been an out there type of performer 24/7, disturbia was a theme for her song..

Then again Rated R is a completely differen't side of her. Who knows, all I know is most artists have become a bit more provocative in there performances, and have upped the ante a little bit compared to a generation ago, when it was ok to lip sync.

All for the best

Ok, you are acting like nobody has been provocative in their performances before Lady GaGa started singing or like no dance song has ever hit no.1 before Lady GaGa. Most songs that hit no.1 are dance songs, and this has been case since forever.

oldschoolfool said:
thelalaby said:
leo-j said:
TruckOSaurus said:
thelalaby said:

most artist copy other artist. It's been that way forever. It's hard to be 0 orginal,when everything's been pretty much done to death. lol

I agree, and it's wrong to say otherwise. It's wrong to swear by somebody's originality when they are not original.