By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Normua:FFXIII Versus like 2D FF HD,Voice casting underway,Agito too

twesterm said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

Nomura also touched briefly upon development progress for both Agito and Versus. "Agito and Versus have different production styles and progress states, but they're both presently undergoing voice casting. 3rd's recording will end shortly. Next up is Agito."

WHAT!?

Jesus, that game is never coming out.  This means they still have an insame amount of localization work, rendering of cut scenes, and timing tweaks on the whole game!

nto really that doesn't that much time,we will easily see the game by next fall

i am waiting for the cutscene realtime graphics,this game is going to be amazin

Around the Network
A203D said:

So is it logical to assume that if they're starting voice work, they're not far from completing producion??

story is done, they were working on gameplay on enviroments. now they are on voice and animations.

actually many of the cgi is done, all trailers are made, they need voice acting.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
twesterm said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

Nomura also touched briefly upon development progress for both Agito and Versus. "Agito and Versus have different production styles and progress states, but they're both presently undergoing voice casting. 3rd's recording will end shortly. Next up is Agito."

WHAT!?

Jesus, that game is never coming out.  This means they still have an insame amount of localization work, rendering of cut scenes, and timing tweaks on the whole game!

No, it takes a pretty significant amount of time, I promise you.

1. They have to record all dialogue
  2. They have to edit all recorded dialogue
  3. They have to do lip sync for the entire game
  4. The have to re-render every scene
  5. They have to tweak the timing of everything else
  6. They have to do retakes (because there will be retakes)
  7. They have integrate retakes

The fact they haven't recorded the dialogue means there's A LOT of work left to be done.

Xoj said:
A203D said:

So is it logical to assume that if they're starting voice work, they're not far from completing producion??

story is done, they were working on gameplay on enviroments. now they are on voice and animations.

actually many of the cgi is done, all trailers are made, they need voice acting.

CGI has to come after voice acting.  Just think about it.

twesterm said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
twesterm said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

WHAT!?

No, it takes a pretty significant amount of time, I promise you.

• They have to record all dialogue
  • They have to edit all recorded dialogue
  • They have to do lip sync for the entire game
  • The have to re-render every scene
  • They have to tweak the timing of everything else
  • They have to do retakes (because there will be retakes)
  • They have integrate retakes
  • The fact they haven't recorded the dialogue means there's A LOT of work left to be done.

it depends what time you are comparing to,i said next fall so that itself is significant time

recording and editing dialogue doesn't take that much time as it can be done in  1 or 2 months max

lip sync again would take more than 2-3 months for all languages max

re-rending is an issue but if they do the voice acting in time then it won't be a problem

timing is a minor issue as they have to time everything so voice alone isn't a big issue

retakes are included in the above time

retake integration again will be done if its done in correlation is the included time

yeah they have alot of work but you didn't understand what i meant,compared to the major part and the game being in development for so long the remaining part is near.

Around the Network
    twesterm said:
    Xoj said:
    A203D said:

yeah, the thing is they already some cgi done, voiceless, all the llast trailers are voiceless cgi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGyVZRHZ2ow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw_TjdPlJw4

Xoj said:
    twesterm said:
    Xoj said:
    A203D said:

yeah, the thing is they already some cgi done, voiceless, all the llast trailers are voiceless cgi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGyVZRHZ2ow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw_TjdPlJw4

Maybe, i wouldve thought they lip sinc the CGI scenes after the voice work is complete, so i thought the CGI would already be complete. but i think, it could be out in Japan early next year, or maybe xmas.

3rd will be out in holidays this year, agito spring next year, versus fall next year ..at least that's what I think

3 games I JUST CAN"T WAIT FOR! a good time to be a psp and a ps3 owner

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Is it just me or is the title of this topic misleading? I read it and got a bit excited, only to learn that Nomura is talking about the world map. Big whoop.