By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Great Giana Sisters (Super Mario Bros. Rip Off)

sinha said:
I heard Super Giana Galaxy is coming out next year on both the Vii and the Wü...

haha.it probably will

Around the Network
Parokki said:
I like how the girl on the cover looks like a moderately hot cheerleaderish type, while the in-game model looks like a 12 year old. A very scary 8 year old.

But yeah, everyone laughing at how India and China keep making copies of existing Western products should remember that's just the way immature industries work. We weren't much different some decades ago.

Dude, this was a full-price title by Rainbow Arts which used to be a big game studio back in the days (Famous for e.g. Turrican or Mad TV). This has nothing to do with India or China.

Or were you referring to the Vii? or the Wü? 

endurance said:
yeah it looks like a rip-off

Giana Sisters was a TOTAL rip off of smb. Even the levels were sometimes 80% identical to smb. But hey i used to have a C64 and my parents wouldn't buy me a NES in the 80ies, so that was as close as i could get to smb at home

But of course i preferred smb and went out to play it in the department store every day after school.

Great Giana Sisters is classic! ;D It would be so cool to acctually have a copy of that game since it only was for sale for like a day due to the likeliness of SMB. If you have an original copy of that game you could make quite alot of money for sure.

PSN: TrbSvns.

LingLing said:
Parokki said:
But yeah, everyone laughing at how India and China keep making copies of existing Western products should remember that's just the way immature industries work. We weren't much different some decades ago.

Dude, this was a full-price title by Rainbow Arts which used to be a big game studio back in the days (Famous for e.g. Turrican or Mad TV). This has nothing to do with India or China.

Or were you referring to the Vii? or the Wü?

My point is how people laugh at the blatant rip-offs of Western products like this that those country produce. They're funny alright, but hardly proof of anything, as we had stuff like the Giana Sisters not too long ago.

Wasn't really replying to anyone in specific.

Around the Network

I wonder what luigi giana looks like?!?

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

There is a homebrew DS port floating around online for those that are interested. I believe there is also a PC port too. Edit: DS link is at the bottom of the wiki page...

Giana should be in Smash Bros. Brawl. 

Similar but different moveset to Mario, lightning instead of fire...etc.

i got to give them the cookie for level design--looks alot harder then it SMB was

I remember playing quite a lot of Monty On The Run back in the days.