By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why did you quit Christianity?

I'm still a christian... though i'm also atheist. But I like christian values and I chose to amalgate god to the universe itself in my understanding of it.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

I "quit" when I was 13 just because I didn't have any real evidence.

I "joined" again about 2 years later when I learned about apologetics.

I'm starting to have some doubts again, but I kind of doubt those doubts because they are emotional, not intellectual reasons. It's been a spiritual roller coaster.

I quit when I realized all religions are equally valid and true,

One word. 

Leviticus ;)

I was never religious. I was never baptized, or anything like that.

I would actually say that I am now strongly anti-religion in the sense that I really do hope that there isn't a god. I used to just never believe that one existed, I now hope that one doesn't. I see the notion of god, or some other force being a limit on human potential and knowledge... and that really doesn't wash well with me.

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:

I was never religious. I was never baptized, or anything like that.

I would actually say that I am now strongly anti-religion in the sense that I really do hope that there isn't a god. I used to just never believe that one existed, I now hope that one doesn't. I see the notion of god, or some other force being a limit on human potential and knowledge... and that really doesn't wash well with me.

I don't think God is a force limiting on humanpotential and knowledge - I think the opposite.

ssj12 said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
ssj12 said:
Coca-Cola said:
ssj12 said:
Coca-Cola said:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38474711/ns/today-books/?gt1=43001

Ann Rice has her reasons and i can respect that, but I don't think she needed quit Christianity.

If you quit Christianity, what are your reasons?

Its a false religion. Follows tales from other religions.

Christianity is a false religion?  or all religion are false?

well the majority is false, but Christianity is probably one of the worst offenders for stolen tales and stories from past religions. Majority of all Christian tales from Adam and Eve the birth of Jesus is stolen from Sumarian tales.

Well, most people already know that the Roman Empire at the time amalgamated  Christianity with it's current pagan traditions and customs when it became the offical religion, but at the same time you do realize the whole comparison that the "Bible" stole it stories from the Egyptians, Sumarian's ect is completely misrepresented by people like Peter Joseph and Joran Maxwell who never back up their theories with actual evidence but instead quote wack jobs like Zachariah Sitchin, Manly P. Hall, and Helena Blavatsky ( which the latter two were lucifereans)

Zeitgeist refuted final cut is a real good video to watch if your interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_291314&feature=iv&v=GYNmFQkHBaE

and here's a pretty good site as well

http://conspiracyclothes.com/nowheretorun/?page_id=212

http://faculty.gvsu.edu/websterm/SumerianMyth.htm

This is some of the stories translated from early Sumerian myths. Notice the similarities to several religions texts and stories.

Also who cares if they were lucifereans. You do realize that they have similar beliefs as the Greeks rather then people who believe is Satanism? There is nothing wrong with believing another groups beliefs and twisting them a bit. This is how many religious sects formed.

Which if I'm going to go discussing Satanism, I'd love to point out that the entire idea of Satan and the underworld was created by more-modern priests used originally as a scare tactic for the younger generation at that time to follow the teachings of the bible which later branched out as the belief that it is now.

Edit: After watching some of the videos from your first link I want to laugh. While yes, there is no way any of those things link up I laugh at the fact that there is an overall belief that Jesus was more than a normal human. Guess what? I have yet to see any real evidence that he was. From everything I've seen over the years is that he was a normal human whose skills were of a carpenter. When he thought he spoke to his "father" who would also be all of mankind's father, he went on a quest that spread a modified version of the Hebrew faith which him being the Messiah. His way of curing people was with purified/clean water probably from the northern most parts of the Roman empire. His death was also committed not by the emperor of Roman, but rather his followers since he didn't want to get his hands dirty because he himself wasn't sure what to believe or think other than Jesus might be a little batty at best. Tales of his resurrection that probably never happened and was no more than hallucinations on his followers part.

Also, you might be interested in knowing that Judas and Jesus might have had a discussion about Jesus's death. Jesus wanted to die and be next to his father. He wanted to leave his "shell" of his body and leave the place he didn't belong. Judas was also stoned to death afterwards even though he followed what Jesus wanted.

They weren't satanists, satanism follows the idea of the rebellious spirit of lucifer and don't actually believe in him while a luciferean believes he is an entity. The church did creae the idea of an underworld while giving the name "the devil" to make it appear more "fictional" but if you actually read through a bible, lucifer was described as a being of light, being referenced as "the morning star" ect. 

While your point of view of trying to explain Christ is interesting, I personally believe otherwise (to each his own). I'd also like to know how you came to the conclusion for trying to explain christ, and his prophets halucinating (what would they be halucinating from,lol) Also, I wouldn't really go on the apparent "samarian" tablets that were excavated in Iraq. It's more than likely a hoax.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

I never quit... and I'm living my life quite happily... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Although as Christians we are warned that we will be judged and go through hard times just because we're Christians and I do find that to be true at time but I'm pretty happy as well :3

I still believe because I think the idea of morals is super-natural and shouldn't exist if it wasn't for G-d. Also inteligent design makes sense... the DNA in us definitely seems like something an inteligent being would make... it's information and information comes from inteligence not out of random events.

All gaming systems, consoles/PC, have thier perks... why fight over preferences? I like Coke and you like Pepsi, that's it, let's not fight over which toy we like best cause that's what they are. Is someone's preference in a toy important or is the relationship between you and your neighbor more important? Answer is obvious, but THE most important thing is your relationship with God almighty. God Bless you in Jesus's name.

I can communicate without talking... I can send a loved one money without actually sending money... and I can commit theft without the product disappearing, the point of theft is the point of theft not one of it's possible symptoms which is the product dissappearing. The thief wants to gain something without paying for it, that's the point of theft, the thief doesn't have to care or anybody else has to care if the product dissappears. The product dissappearing is just a possible symptom of theft. Gifts are sacrfices, in order to give a gift, it has to be a genuine sacrfice/gift, meaning a copy of the game isn't still in your PC. Piracy is theft and/or being a culprit of theft.

highwaystar101 said:

Because even as a young impressionable child I found a lot of the stories that were being told to me as though they were fact unbelievable. Such as...

• A man who survived being eaten by a whale and survive. Not to mention the subsequent destruction the digestive system would cause and the sheer lack of oxygen

Actually in the book of Jonah he clearly died. Jonah is suppose to be the type of resurrection... if he didn't die that kind of mess up the type.  Jonah was also the first missionary (type of church) as he was told to  go and preach to a Gentile nation.

I just came to realize that all of the fantastic stories and events were taken upon faith... and if I accepted them as truth, it would not make me faithful to any god, but the person that was teling me those stories. Ther more I thought about it, the more I realized that I never really believed any of it. Even as a small child.

There may be a all powerful all knowing god, but I can't see any evidence of such a being.