By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Motion Plus, 1 year later

What are your thoughts on the support it has gotten since launch? Only 2 Motion Plus exclusive games have been released so far, WSR and Red Steel 2; Two more coming up, Fling Smash and Zelda: SWS.

The rest have been games with optional support. Do you think we might see any interesting or important game in the near future which is Motion Plus exclusive or at least makes a good use of it?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

I think Nintendo sorta blew it.  Athough Pachter was always wrong, he should have been right baout the WiiHD launching in '09 and it should have had M standard, with WSR as an upgrade for people who don't care about output resolution.  With a move like that their sales wouldn't have dipped and they'd have ample support for a product that genuinely improves the experience.  We'll see after the new Zelda, I guess, since that's really going to prove whther or not its going to get support at all.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

EDIT: oops

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Nintendo did sort of blow it with the MotionPlus.

They could have easily dropped one or two more games that used it around its initial release back in early '09 or around the time of Wii Sports Resort release to push it. Instead most developers that don't really go all out in Wii development anyway are apt to ignore it. Skyward Sword will probably have to have one bundled into it because most people probably will be saying WTF, its not working thinking it will be the same waggle as Twilight Princess and the dozens of other games that could have used MotionPlus but ignore it.

I'm not sure if they are exclusive, but New Carnival Games, Raving Rabbids Travel in Time, Conduit 2, and Dance Dance Revolution will all be coming with Motion Plus support this fall.

As for Nintendo themselves, it seems they have shifted their focus onto the 3DS right now. I'm not sure we'll see much more from them, although Miyamoto did say he was personally working on something other than Zelda.

What I hope to see?

-Giant Flail-swinging in completely destructible environments

-Soccer Game (with leg straps that can hold the Wii Remote so that you can get realistic kicking control)

-Order Up 2, even though nobody played the first game. Or any cooking game that IS GOOD.

-A GOOD flying game for the Wii.

-How about Jedi Knight 3 with motionplus support for lightsaber action?

Around the Network
ChichiriMuyo said:

I think Nintendo sorta blew it.  Athough Pachter was always wrong, he should have been right baout the WiiHD launching in '09 and it should have had M standard, with WSR as an upgrade for people who don't care about output resolution.  With a move like that their sales wouldn't have dipped and they'd have ample support for a product that genuinely improves the experience.  We'll see after the new Zelda, I guess, since that's really going to prove whther or not its going to get support at all.

No I'm glad Pachter was wrong. Wii HD would basically be the PSP Go of console releases.

They just need more motion plus games, not high-definition graphics.

Every time I think about buying a motion plus or two I remember its laughably diminutive support base, and the idea leaves my head immediately.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.' " ~John 14:6 (NKJV)

From game support point of view there's not much to say since very few games that support WM and which I care about were released. At the same time I doubt forcing WM support on every game is necessary, clearly Wiimote is good enough for the most part. I liked WSR and sort of satisfied with support.

From perspective of sales it's a remarkable success, I believe WSR was able to push it to 35M figure in one year, which is practically unreachable for Move, and even Kinect won't sell twice as less (since it can track two people at once) in one year.

Reginleiv is also a Motion Plus exclusive, isn't it?

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

There are not many games that need motion plus, so why should the developers put motion plus in every game?

Here is a list with all good motion plus games (only in german):

http://www.zimmer101.de/wii-spiele/motionplus.html