By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Which Religion do you belong to?

Which Religion do you belong to?

Christianity 99 32.89%

Islam 58 19.27%

Hinduism 6 1.99%

Judaism 3 1.00%

Atheism 88 29.24%

Other 47 15.61%

Total:301

If the survey holds, then this site would be over 30% atheist (or agnostic).  Do videogames draw more non-theists than other forms of entertainment?

Around the Network

Athiest and it looks like my group is doing well on the polls.

Raised Roman Catholic, but have been an atheist since I was maybe 10 years old.  Good thing too, turned out one of the priests at the church we attended was a pedofile.

I'm from the Christianity religion.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Christian. 

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:

If the survey holds, then this site would be over 30% atheist (or agnostic).  Do videogames draw more non-theists than other forms of entertainment?

In the US atheism is more prevalent in the younger demographic (under 35). Videogames, moreso than other forms of entertainment, are predominantly used by the same demographic.

I would imagine you could find similar correlations with particular genres or sub-genres of other forms of entertainment as well.

OT: Strong agnostic. I just chose atheist.

I'm a strong believer in Catholic Christianity. Believe me, I get a lot of shit for it too.

I do believe there's a God, although I do not buy the organized worship communities or churches. I believe in human reason.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Wiccan here, pretty much the only one ^

Oh well, Blessed be )O(

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Well, i'm an atheist, but since i'm Israeli and come from a family with very strong Jewish roots, I still follow a lot of Jewish traditions (I don't eat in Yom Kippur, stuff like that).

So I see myself as a Jewish Atheist |=

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.