By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA announces a LBP Rip of...er competitor called " Create"

EA announces LittleBigPlanet competitor Create

Electronic Arts has announced a competitor for LittleBigPlanet 2 this morning. Create is a “must-have video game” scheduled to arrive on PS3 (with Move compatibility), Xbox 360, Wii, PC, and Mac this holiday season. It promises “imaginative gameplay challenges” that are only acessed by the player’s creativity.

“Create uses families’ imaginations to develop new ways to play together that are both fun and challenging,” said Harvey Elliott, VP and General Manager at EA Bright Light. “We wanted to design a game where the entire family can explore, decorate, and solve challenges where no solution is wrong and the only limit is the imagination.”

Players can design environments and solve challenges to unlock rewards. “Easy-to-use” brushes and tools such as textures, props, and animated objects will “bring the scene to life”. Players will be able to share their creations online via the in-game community or EA’s Create website.

Check out the first screenshots of Create at the gallery. The first trailer can be seen through through here. (Warning: it looks a lot like LittleBigPlanet)

Around the Network

xxain announces an announcement in a thread already created!

REPOST!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=113868&page=1#

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

mines is better because I actually discreadit EA unlike the other thread

Finally somebody makes a version of LittleBigPlanet without all the sickening charm!

WTF @ the BMX bike on a skateboard.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:

Finally somebody makes a version of LittleBigPlanet without all the sickening charm!

WTF @ the BMX bike on a skateboard.

Rule 34!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

It does look a lot like LBP, but hey, LBP is pretty darned popular, so clearly its just additional little things that can make the game better...(LBP2?).  Seems like developers are coming out with some truly magical games for a non-Nintendo console recently rather than (despite me liking them) all of the shooters that continue to come out.  These kinds of games look so simple yet are amazingly deep in what you can do with them.  Modnation Racers is similar to this "new" genre of video games for the HD consoles.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

this doesn't look like little big planet.

It looks most like scribblenauts.

I wanted lbp ripoff wii

From the video it looks boring.

Looks pretty bland to me and yes it's a LBP rip off.

Id call both a 'The  Incredible Machine' ripoff.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.