By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - World conversion to Islam is the only way to World Peace

highwaystar101 said:

Ok, maybe my first post was a bit inflammatory, but I'm not really flaming against Islam any more, I'm making a valid point.

If this was a thread about a government wanting to punish homosexual behaviour or punish criticism of Islam with death then I think most people would call that law a joke.

Really no need to apologize.

If you got beef with specifics of somethings like you give in that post, you have every single right to criticize and argue. I guess what really got me worked up was when you called sharia as a whole a joke (I now understand you didn't mean like that).

The respect is mutual. At least you're willing to admit to going a little bit overboard and for that the respect  I have for you goes up. You always have interesting posts ... I don't always agree with but nonetheless interesting.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

My experience with muslims have made me hate them, i will die before i join the immorality called ISlam

I suppose on some level this is true, if every person were of the same religion, their values, morals, etc would quite possibily lead to world peace. but i mean, why islam and not scientology. are not most world religions ones of peace.

personally i see religions as a declining thing, even thought catholcisim is currently the worlds largest relgion and say if islam replaces it in the near future, what makes people think this would last forever. do people really think the world will be the same place it is now in 50 years. look at how fast things have changed in the last 20 - 30 years alone. in 100 years there could be completely new religions or no religions at all.

Its a shame that extreme muslims have soured the name and image of Islam.

Of course they won't see it that way, but knowing so many muslims (who i suppose you could call 'moderates') makes me realise that Islam is just the same as just about every other religion, with morals and ethics that are as valid and honourable.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

any religion that says anybody of any other religion has to die is pretty fudged up. muslims can live however they like, but trying to force the rest of the world to do the same is where the problem is.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Around the Network

I just want to meet the person who actually thinks world peace can ever be even marginally achieved.  People will always find a reason to kill each other. 

Remember, magic is just stuff science has not made boring yet.

A203D said:

I suppose on some level this is true, if every person were of the same religion, their values, morals, etc would quite possibily lead to world peace. but i mean, why islam and not scientology. are not most world religions ones of peace.

personally i see religions as a declining thing, even thought catholcisim is currently the worlds largest relgion and say if islam replaces it in the near future, what makes people think this would last forever. do people really think the world will be the same place it is now in 50 years. look at how fast things have changed in the last 20 - 30 years alone. in 100 years there could be completely new religions or no religions at all.

As someone who has been alive for the past 30 years, in the past 30 years the world has not changed nearly as much as it did in the 30 years preceding it; and I expect that the next several decades will (mostly) be a seemingly slower, more steady, progression along the path we have been for the past 65 years.

With that said, there is very little conflict between most religions today, and most religions have found a way to co-exist in a relative peaceful way throughout most of the world. While I don’t want to offend Muslims, the exception to this seems to be Islam. Now we could blame Islam for this, but personally I would say that Islam is the tool that individuals who seek power are using to channel anger; and in the absence of Islam these individuals will find another tool to use.

Regardless of whether there are no religions, one religion or a hundred religions until people learn to deal with the things that they control and accept the things they can not control there will continue to be conflict

Yeeeooow!

Hot topic!

Anyhow, all religions have skelitons in the closet, but they all have good points as well, and in general encourage a good and honest life.  They provide a moral compass that can ground and help people (especially if they have none of their own.)

I have a problem with any religion or person who would claim exclusive audience with whatever higher power they espouse.  Furthermore, I certainly do not believe in forcible conversion.

BTW, a pig is considered an unclean animal in Islam, but it is not favored in the Torah or the old testiment of the Bible either.  I consider this to be due to the high incidence of trycanosis.  The old holy books were simply trying to keep people alive, so pork was disallowed.  I do not believe that God (Allah, Yaweh etc.) will smite me for eating pork, but I think (for its time) it was a fair warning.

For a devout Muslim, eating pork would be tantamount to a practitioner of Vedic Hindu slaughtering and eating a cow.

Me, I am a carnivore, so it's all good to me...

Ummmm...

How come I can't edit my post above?

Anyhow, I forgot to mention that (even though the post was meant as a joke.)  There would be fierce war even if everyone suddenly converted to Islam.  It would merely become a matter of Shia V.S. Sunni.  Without anyone else to convert, the policial and practical differences between the to sects would come to the fore.

It might take a bit of time, but eventually...

Conflict would follow.

HappySqurriel said:
A203D said:

As someone who has been alive for the past 30 years, in the past 30 years the world has not changed nearly as much as it did in the 30 years preceding it; and I expect that the next several decades will (mostly) be a seemingly slower, more steady, progression along the path we have been for the past 65 years.

With that said, there is very little conflict between most religions today, and most religions have found a way to co-exist in a relative peaceful way throughout most of the world. While I don’t want to offend Muslims, the exception to this seems to be Islam. Now we could blame Islam for this, but personally I would say that Islam is the tool that individuals who seek power are using to channel anger; and in the absence of Islam these individuals will find another tool to use.

Regardless of whether there are no religions, one religion or a hundred religions until people learn to deal with the things that they control and accept the things they can not control there will continue to be conflict

Yeah your probabily right, i've only been alive 22 of those years, lol. i was actully reffering more recently to the rise of the asian economies. i think eventually buddisim could eclipse islam or christianity because of the rapidly growing population in china.

i agree with what you've said, these problems come from people who use reglions as an excuse to commit crimes. on your last point, the logic of my argument was that in the next 100 years we should hopefully become a more enlightened and peacful race, therefore religion will have lost its traction in mainstream society.