By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fall Dashboard Update Thread

Lots of good changes in this update. There are still a few things they need to work on, hopefully those will be addressed at some point.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network

the update was good but not great

I really like the new navigation options for finding downloads, movies and TV shows. Much easier to find the latest stuff.

Also, everything seems slightly faster, which is nice.

My favorite addition is rather minor: When you go to play music or a video, you are no longer prompted to pick "Computer/Hard Drive/Memory Card". Instead it just remembers the last source you use.

VERY NICE!! As I 90% of the time I'm playing videos/music from the hard drive.

My 360 can blog!

Gamers have 3 choices this generation: The Exercise Machine, the Movie Machine, or the Game Machine.  What kind of gamer are you?

So...Im new to the 360. Do I get this update by signing into Xbox Live?

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

loadedstatement said:

yeah it will say there's a update, then just click to install it

Around the Network
loadedstatement said:

Yes, just log on and its avaliable!

The update to me was rather bland, but I'm not complaining. Microsoft still needs to improve...

Oh damn it can play divx/xvid movies now? That's sweet, I haven't really had time to check out what's on the new update yet. It looks better than before, I think.

(finally back online after a month of no internet service, yay!) 

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"