By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SM Galaxy Freakin' Bouldergeist

Advice for luigi's purple coins:

head to the right first, there is a huge cache there that you can grab with 2 long jumps. Then head to the back right, where the 1-up is.  As you are making your way back to the start, the spinning blocks will spin AGAINST you so you can avoid accidental run offs.  Also, as you come back from the 1-up area, do a snake like motion across the blocks(towards and away from luigi's head)  You should be able to do it just fine that way.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

Just finished Bouldergeist today.

The initial star was 38 and the Dare Devil Comet star was 39 for me.  Dare Devil took 3 lives.

I am... unimpressed.  Haven't gotten to the purple coins yet (avoiding spoilers) but I'm hoping for more of a challenge.

Wow the first time I fought Bouldergeist it took me like 5 tries. The second time with 1 hit I did it on my first try.

The Dreadnought galaxy purple coins wasn't intensely hard. The first few times where you get hit and miss one sucks ya. But when you get the pattern of it, you will finish it. Just calm yourself and you'll get it.

But the dam blowing up the trash guy pisses me the fuck off. The first time you meet him it took me like 70 tries. Then the 2nd time you meet him it took me a good 100 tries. Soooo many times just 1 second off that feels like you just got sacked.

Then Luigi's purple coins that I can't even do. I was trying all day that 2 weekends ago. I finally said fuck you Mario and turned it off. It pisses me off so much that I don't think i'll ever go back and do it.

Made for the casual gamer my ass. Maybe beating the story part of the game. But getting all 121 it's for the hardcore gamer.

WTF? I started reading this thread a couple days ago. Then, today I played Galaxy, and it happened: Freakin' Bouldergeist daredevil run. I was scared shitless! Then I beat him on my first try. Don't see what was so tough about him.

Yeah, I didn't find it too tough, the times I died were all because of my own stupidity (ie, jumping right in to a flying rock >
I found it more frustrating than hard, like when a hand regens right as you are swinging ghosts for the final hit. But challenges are harder for some people and easier for others, as people's game play history and age will make them better at some challenges and worse at others

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

The bouldergeist is not very hard when you understand that you should stay quite close to him while running around him, so he doesn't have time to attack you while you're getting the bombs.

The second trash guy star was definitely the hardest for me. You try like 30 times before even understanding what's the good place and the good order to throw the bombs. Then you try 20 times more to do it perfectly and finish like 0.1 second before time's up.

meh, i didnt find the second bomb trash run too hard tbh. I did it in 3/4 tries... Meh. I really liked the bouldergeist, a challenging boss who is really fun and different.

I died many times on the first main run but when the Daredevil came I did it first time!! Same thing happened on another level.