By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - "Afhgan War Logs" Leaked - US Covered Up Killing Of Thousands Of Civillians

Soleron said:

I want us (UK) to pull out right away. The country is unfixable however long we stay because the culture is such that democratic institutions don't last and human rights aren't held to be universal when they conflict with religion, and tribal mentality is still strong.

We should come back in 50 years when they've achieved this themselves; I doubt democracy could have been imposed on the UK 200 years ago (culture wasn't ready).

Oh, it could of been done.  The problem was they went with the "easy way".

They made deals with Karzai and the Warlords... and made a temporary leader who was corrupt and wouldn't of won an election in the first place.

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
TheRealMafoo said:

Dems said give them power in congress, and they will end this war. We did, they didn't.

For the last 4 years Democrats have had the ability to stop this war, and they have done nothing.

I point this out for all the Bush hating people who will blame this on him alone. This is not Bush's war, it's Washington's war, and it needs to end.

Classic work there. Deflecting responsibility for Afghanistan, while ignoring the main problem thus far (Iraq), which the US have actually agreed to withdraw from.

You see Iraq as the main problem thus far?

All signs point to the US leaving Iraq soon and it becoming a stable government where the people will live better lives then they did under Hussein.

All signs in Afghanistan point to us leaving EVENTUALLY too either be replaced by a dictatorship run by Karzai and the warlords or for them to be overtaken by the Taliban... with bloody civil wars to likely takeplace either way and the end result being everyone being worse off.

Iraq was the war that didn't make sense... however it's been by far the more successful war.

NoddyHolder said:

but will the american war criminals face punishment? no, of course not, they decide how laws are applied, they are like a brutal dictatorship, they control the UN and have no regard for anyone but themselves, they live as a nation by their self interest, greed and arrogance, they are ruthless and evil, they will have a big hand in the 3rd world war, and will be the destroyers of the human race.

they lack compassion and empathy, which makes them, and there systems more dangerous than any evil nation before them.

lol, you're a moron.

The funny thing is if the US did what I want them to do, THEN you would think they were the most evil country in the world. Take all our toys and come home. Fuck the rest of the world. Let any country know that for every American they kill, we will kill 1,000 of the people they care about, and get out of world politics.

Just come home, get out of everyones business, and unless we are attacked, fight no one. If we did that (and I am ok with doing it), hundreds of millions of people will die in war, and the world will hate us for it.

There is no solution where your the most powerful country, and people like you don't hate us. The good news is we don't give a shit about you :)

Liberatarians never give a shit about anyone, they only care for lining their own corrupt pockets.

We can't just let Afghanistan backslide. It's irresponsible

I'm opposed to a perpetual occupation, but ultimately we should at least reach a peacable settlement with the Taliban, or at least co-opt the Taliban by getting the support of the tribal leaders who support them (but aren't necessarily ideologically committed to them)

The tribal leaders are quite stubborn, but at the end of the day they could easily be bought off or won over, similar to how we tamed Anbar Province in Iraq. The ideological extremists can at least be isolated, even if they can't be weeded out, and then you could at least have government.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
NoddyHolder said:

but will the american war criminals face punishment? no, of course not, they decide how laws are applied, they are like a brutal dictatorship, they control the UN and have no regard for anyone but themselves, they live as a nation by their self interest, greed and arrogance, they are ruthless and evil, they will have a big hand in the 3rd world war, and will be the destroyers of the human race.

they lack compassion and empathy, which makes them, and there systems more dangerous than any evil nation before them.

lol, you're a moron.

The funny thing is if the US did what I want them to do, THEN you would think they were the most evil country in the world. Take all our toys and come home. Fuck the rest of the world. Let any country know that for every American they kill, we will kill 1,000 of the people they care about, and get out of world politics.

Just come home, get out of everyones business, and unless we are attacked, fight no one. If we did that (and I am ok with doing it), hundreds of millions of people will die in war, and the world will hate us for it.

There is no solution where your the most powerful country, and people like you don't hate us. The good news is we don't give a shit about you :)

except civil war would destroy the USA soon after they cut them selves off, I mean no trade deals etc the US would collapse without outside oil and other goods. The rest of the world would be fine we just give the UN the power it needs to properly police the world lol. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
TheRealMafoo said:
NoddyHolder said:

lol, you're a moron.

except civil war would destroy the USA soon after they cut them selves off, I mean no trade deals etc the US would collapse without outside oil and other goods. The rest of the world would be fine we just give the UN the power it needs to properly police the world lol. 

I didn't say we wouldn't trade with the world, we just would not offer any military support to anyone. If you don't attack us, we don't attack you. 

NoddyHolder said:

Liberatarians never give a shit about anyone, they only care for lining their own corrupt pockets.

Libertarians are the only people who give a shit about everyone. All the other parties pick sides, and just give the people they care about advantages at the sacrifice of the people they don't care about.

I am starting to think your just a joke account on here to flame bait. God I hope you're not real.

TheRealMafoo said:
zarx said:
TheRealMafoo said:
NoddyHolder said:

lol, you're a moron.

I didn't say we wouldn't trade with the world, we just would not offer any military support to anyone. If you don't attack us, we don't attack you. 

That sounds great.

TheRealMafoo said:
zarx said:
TheRealMafoo said:
NoddyHolder said:

lol, you're a moron.

In that case all hail our Chinese overlords...I mean æ‰€æœ‰æˆ‘们的中国统治者冰雹

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!