By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Downloadable Content in GH3 for Wii Confirmed?

According to a letter from Red Octane Customer Support:

Hello,

Thank you for writing us.

Downloadable content for the Wii is something we are working very hard on getting in place for the new year. There is no definite timetable in place but we are hoping it will be soon.

Regards,

RedOctane Customer Support.

I hope they include the boss battle songs as playable outside of battle mode, especially DWDTG. 

Around the Network

The wii version is in feaking MONO and they have not even commented if they are gonna fix it.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

misteromar - the Mono thing is a bug effecting a particular number of Wii GH3 owners - not everybody has experienced it.

I do hope the DLC happens - I'm split on getting the Wii or PC versions - both have their pros and cons but if DLC on the Wii happens it'll definitely get the edge over the PC version for me.

Here's hoping!

I have the 360 version and my friend has the Wii version, I didn't even notice it was in mono so who cares?

The PC version comes with the X-plorer guitar, so it's not a viable option IMO. The quality of the Les Paul is far superior -- and the guitar is the entire premise behind the game.

Around the Network

A customer support message that was useful?  Gasp.

Excellent news though.

Will be cool if in the future they would put a pack of songs (5 or 6) so you could download, could really enlarge your list :), or actually a better idea, you choose the songs

misteromar mk4 said:
The wii version is in feaking MONO and they have not even commented if they are gonna fix it.

I have also heard this but I play GHIII on a stereo TV and have not noticed anything low quality, sound wise.  As far as I can tell, the game sounds great.

I've also heard many people are having trouble getting the guitar to even work correctly with the PS3 and 360 versions but no one that I have talked to in person has said anything about that.

Anyway, DLC would be interesting but I think the content is too expensive on GHII and so would not be willing to pay a similar price unless I loved some of the songs.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Words Of Wisdom said:
A customer support message that was useful? Gasp.

Excellent news though.

Heh, you're right, this was actually more surprising than the message itself.

You guys are so very wrong, every disc that was printed for gh3 for the wii is in mono (ntsc/pal). What you are hearing is only dual mono, the same sound out of both speakers. The game being in mono messes up the whole sound in the game, because when they mix music, they may increase volume of one instrument from the left or right speaker ect. With sound coming out in mono, when the songs where mixed stereo, it not gonna sound like they where meant to, bits of the song are gonna be missing. Its nothing to do with the wii, its 100% the boneheads at activision, how could they let a MUSIC game be released in mono.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-