By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The great thing about XBox 360s for me is

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting one, eventually, once I can get my hands on a cheap 2nd hand 360s, probably after the nextbox comes out.

I have always wanted to play some of the 360 exclusives, and my son does enjoy playing Halo 3 and Gears when he goes to friends houses who have a 360. So there was always a desire to pick up a used 360 at some point in the future, only there was always concern over reliability and having a used 360 crap out on me with no warranty. I guess I'm not a true console gamer, because I refuse to buy more than one new console per generation. I also refuse to pay launch price for a new gen console, so that means there's always a bit of down time with the decline of the previous generation and me getting into the current one. 

But not any more.

So, the great thing about the 360s is that I can buy a used one soon after gen 8 starts confident in the knowledge that I will be getting a reliable unit that won't crap out on me. And there is a decent library of games that can keep me entertained until I buy a gen 8 console (which, let's face it is most likely to be a PS4). Without the 360s I probably wouldn't have considered getting a 360 at any time, and I would have missed out on some great games.

With the advent of 360s I think there will be a lot more life in the old dog once gen 8 rolls around than there would have been if the older model had seen out the whole of this generation. In fact I wouldn't be surprised of the 360s does a PS2 on a somewhat smaller scale; I'll still be buying used if it does though.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

The RROD warranty is at worst tied to the date of manufacture. It doesn't matter if you're first/second or third owner. So if you bought a 2nd hand 360 which was made in 2009 you'd be covered until 2012. This is different from the normal warranty which covers IIRC disc drive, HDD, your face etc.

(I looked up buying a 2nd hand 360 so I remember it hehe)

why are you buying a 360s, if you're probably going to buy a ps4 next gen? I am 10000% sure that ps3 will be around for much longer than than the 360, due to it being a lot more futureproof, So for you I would reccomend a ps3 slim (extremely reliable aswell, no one knows just how reliable the 360s is yet).

Zedex said:

why are you buying a 360s, if you're probably going to buy a ps4 next gen? I am 10000% sure that ps3 will be around for much longer than than the 360, due to it being a lot more futureproof, So for you I would reccomend a ps3 slim (extremely reliable aswell, no one knows just how reliable the 360s is yet).

Get away from my baby!!! Hes buying a gaming PC first and foremost and thats WAYYY more future proofed than his PS3, so there!

P.S. He already owns a PS3 slim which means he thinks hes better than me when infact I am better than him because I own a 60GB PS3. Hes so deluded by his illusions of slimness granduer!

Sounds good,  I would get it If I were u because all of the Xbox exclusives are pretty cheap now

Wayne Rooney is the best!  Manchester United rules!