By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's 360-Degree Autostereoscopic Display Prototype

This prototype from Sony has been around for awhile,  I am wondering when they are going to move forward with this tech.  Even if its just to make a bigger display. 

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:

This prototype from Sony has been around for awhile,  I am wondering when they are going to move forward with this tech.  Even if its just to make a bigger display. 

Yep pretty much, I watched an interview with VP of Sony who said they are looking into the implimentation of this tech and said that it would work beautifully in a learning environment..I agree totally! I showed this to my gf, a pre med student and she said if they can display a human body in such a way it would be very awesome in a classroom

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

This could make a great Sonydogs.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Vetteman94 said:

Yep pretty much, I watched an interview with VP of Sony who said they are looking into the implimentation of this tech and said that it would work beautifully in a learning environment..I agree totally! I showed this to my gf, a pre med student and she said if they can display a human body in such a way it would be very awesome in a classroom

Yes, this kind of tech in the medical field even as just a learning tool would prove invaluable.   But it seems that either Sony has hit a roadbump tech wise with it or the cost of developing it further has hindered its progress. 

Looks nice, I think of it as a hologram in a box lol. Maybe this will be mainstream one day.

Around the Network
pariz said:

This could make a great Sonydogs.

or rather EyeMonkeys and Squirrels

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

I remember seeing something about this around xmas time.

Think of the potential applications!

Marketing space like mall posters

Boardroom meetings

hell, if they could make one big enough, imagine a movie theater with circular seating! You could fit 6 times as many people into the audience! (3 additional sides and 4 corners)