By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - So what're the official Starcraft 2 DRM limitations?

thelifatree said:

I think Allowing only one account is stupid.it's stupid as I live with my brother. However, we share an account and the game. Yes If he loses it affects me, and if I lose it affecs him, but it's not a deal breaker for me, because the games so damn good. And if you care that much about star craft... you can buy 2
(which is what their counting on) or learn how to share. Kind of a-holish by blizzard but nothgin you can do about it

The Spore DRM has it. As Dead Space had it too... and I had to crack dead space to get it to play. After the installs were dried up.

I'm somewhat lucky that I don't care for online play to much, but i might have jumped on a few games...
Anyway my brother trying to be a pro player and is in a far higher rank than I could play at, if i went on I'd get my ass handed to me and would  no doubt loss him his position.
It is however going to get stupid if they just make once honest people that bought games have to hack them just to play their own game.

Around the Network
Evocation said:
thelifatree said:

I think Allowing only one account is stupid.it's stupid as I live with my brother. However, we share an account and the game. Yes If he loses it affects me, and if I lose it affecs him, but it's not a deal breaker for me, because the games so damn good. And if you care that much about star craft... you can buy 2
(which is what their counting on) or learn how to share. Kind of a-holish by blizzard but nothgin you can do about it

The Spore DRM has it. As Dead Space had it too... and I had to crack dead space to get it to play. After the installs were dried up.

I'm somewhat lucky that I don't care for online play to much, but i might have jumped on a few games...
Anyway my brother trying to be a pro player and is in a far higher rank than I could play at, if i went on I'd get my ass handed to me and would  no doubt loss him his position.
It is however going to get stupid if they just make once honest people that bought games have to hack them just to play their own game.

I'm kinda the same way... He's played a bazillion online games and I've played 2 and I get annhilated when I play :P. I think you can jump on custom games and it doesn't affect your record. (Or atleast standing in the ranked ladder). Someone correct me if I'm wrong, as I haven't played enough on line to know the conseqeunces of losing in custom.

But, I wish they'd give you one daughter account or something where you can't be logged in the same time as main one. Or even make those kind of accounts available for 10$... which is still a rip off... just a reasonable one :P, but I think they're counting on people that want another BNET name to fork another 60$ :( which i'm not going to do :P I guess I'm done complainging cause my favorite RTS Supcom had the same thing (I think), but my brother wasn't living with me then.