By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up - 17th July 2010

Hyruken said:
jonop said:

It will probably be more like £150 though.

I assume your talking about the arcade slim?

Why would MS make the console that get's them the most sales more expensive then the last arcade?

As others have said before the arcade will likely have 4gb memory and not have wifi. Losing the wifi and the 250gb harddrive is not going to save £20 is it. We are looking at maybe about £50. Thus the $199 AUS is probably near to what it will be.

The costs to make these 360's are obviously a lot less then the old ones. That is why companies make these revised consoles. I am 99% certain by november you will be seeing these new arcades around £99 in various stores. It happened in some places last year (Sainsbury's).

Sorry I got confused with Euros. If the rumours about the price is true I expect it to cost about the same as the normal Arcade costs.

Around the Network
jonop said:
Hyruken said:
jonop said:

It will probably be more like £150 though.

I assume your talking about the arcade slim?

Why would MS make the console that get's them the most sales more expensive then the last arcade?

As others have said before the arcade will likely have 4gb memory and not have wifi. Losing the wifi and the 250gb harddrive is not going to save £20 is it. We are looking at maybe about £50. Thus the $199 AUS is probably near to what it will be.

The costs to make these 360's are obviously a lot less then the old ones. That is why companies make these revised consoles. I am 99% certain by november you will be seeing these new arcades around £99 in various stores. It happened in some places last year (Sainsbury's).

Sorry I got confused with Euros. If the rumours about the price is true I expect it to cost about the same as the normal Arcade costs.

£120? me too ^^

412% rise? jesus. Talk about destorying competition. BHR-3 is gonna be mad

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

its been confirmed today that GT5 has a weather system, track editor and go karts! seriously i think this is going to be the best selling in the series even beating GT3 sales of 14 million plus!

WOWSER!!!

wow didnt expect that. the 360 put a beatdown on every1 in others. with just months b4 big games like halo reach it sure will continue to put the smackdown on the ps3 and wii

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

Around the Network

I expect good sales but this number is much higher than I expected and much earlier than expected. Not every week you know who has won the week with just one result in.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

great uk 360s sales,impressive

@barozi,do you only buy s/ware from uk,i admit it must be tempting i saw some good games in the 2 for £30 section today

Above & Beyond

kowenicki said:
AnthonyW86 said:

Xbox 360 hardware up     329%

Xbox 360 software down     7%

I sure hope Microsoft makes a profit on the new 360 hardware....

Software is hard to track and judging by the official software charts those software figures are wrong.

And Im sure the hardware is very profitable....

How do you know? I am pretty sure that MS, at this point, loses a lot more, and I mean _a LOT more_ on every 360S sold than Sony loses on every PS3S sold. (This has to do with people not understanding the difference between manufacturing costs and production costs - a destinction many do not seem to grasp).

And if the software estimates are anywhere near what they are given here (...no increase at all), MS does not ofset the losses from the hardware in any shape or form, at this time. This all bogs down to being able to shout "Look how we sell more hardware than our competitor" at the top of their lungs, at whatever costs the shouting is accompanied by.

Those numbers are right?

Anyhow, that statement above is more about me being perplexed at the size than questioning its validity.

Think your overeacting about the software thing. It is only 30k behind PS3's software sales. Would hardly say that it is time to start talking about profits from hardware/software....In 9 weeks then you can talk about software when Reach comes out. Or at the end of the year when Fable 3 does. Or at the start of next year with Gears 3 etc etc. 3 big AAA titles coming. I doubt MS are crying that they are 20k behind PS3 in software sales in EMEAA this week. Especially when the top selling PS3 exclusive game in the chart was GOW3 at 24 with 14k sales. The top selling MS game on the list was at number 3 with 52k. Meaning the top selling 360 exclusive this week did x4 what the top selling PS3 exclusive did. So yeah i don't think MS will be upset about the software somehow.