By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

dsister said:
theRepublic said:

I was not bothered that you didn't know what exactly an invisible assassin was.  I was bothered that you interpreted Noname saying he thought that MM was not in the game as a defense of MM.  How can you defend someone that you think is not in the game?

I suspect that this is what others are picking up on as well.

At the time these thoughts were going through my mind "If Makingmusic really is invisible then it would be a great asset to the mafia. It would make it really hard for them to lose. It would probably be in their best interest to stop people from seeing it"

How does that equate to Noname defending Makingmusic?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
dsister said:

To expand on my last post. Look at it this way. If we lynch a lurker on day 1(not necessarily Snake) then it will show that we aren't kidding around about it. It would hopefully stop other people from following the same path.

So you suggest lynching somebody as an example that you mean business. Not to mention that this is the first day and it was during a weekend, where some people may have been busy. What happens if you lynch a town member, wouldn't that look bad on your part for making such a rash decision.

Khuutra said:

As Solderon said, dsister, it's courtesy. I don't want to kill people if they're busy. Kill them when they ARE a problem. Not before.

theRepublic said:

I think there may be a fundamental difference between what the two of you are calling lurkers.

The people that are in danger of getting modkilled are the people who don't post for real days on end, and miss game Days or Nights.

Then there are people who post just enough to get by.  They are either purposely laying low, or maybe they are new, or maybe they are busy.

I'm not saying lynching them right now. There is no need for the first day to end really quickly. We can easily see from today who will be a problem in the future.

If they are busy, and say it in the thread it will be noted. I'm not saying lynch those. I'm saying hit the people that are lurking on purpose.

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

theRepublic said:

I need Kingfate >.<

If the mafia could convince us players that one of them wasn't playing then that would be a major victory!

SnakeEyez said:

... As for my vote for not lynching anybody, since this is my second game, I thought that lynching somebody the first day would be a bad idea. The first game I was in, we didn't lynch anybody on the first day and things went well. If that makes me look suspicious to people, then so be it.

Didn't the town lose last game? It didn't go that well...

SnakeEyez said:

1. So you suggest lynching somebody as an example that you mean business. Not to mention that this is the first day and it was during a weekend, where some people may have been busy.

2. What happens if you lynch a town member, wouldn't that look bad on your part for making such a rash decision.

1. You aren't paying attention. I already said something about this point.

2. Yes, it would look bad for me. But someone that halts the flow of information for the town is a good lynch. Always.

This is going nowhere.

Vote: No Lynch

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
dsister said:
theRepublic said:

I need Kingfate >.<

If the mafia could convince us players that one of them wasn't playing then that would be a major victory!

What does KingFate have to do with anything?

You were thinking the assassin was part of the mafia?  I was thinking assassin = serial killer.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing

theRepublic said:

What does KingFate have to do with anything?

Last game I was in King seemed to know exactly what I was saying :'(

hatmoza said:

This is going nowhere.

Then ask questions. You really have been doing quite a bit of active lurking.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3537821Also this is interesting.  Why the sudden change of heart?

Edit:I really need to stop copying stuff from Office...

dsister said:
hatmoza said:

This is going nowhere.

Also this is interesting.  Why the sudden change of heart?

Link is broken...

Now Playing

dsister said:
hatmoza said:

This is going nowhere.

Also this is interesting.  Why the sudden change of heart?

define active lurking.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson