By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

Khuutra said:

I, myself, suspect lurkers more. THat instinct has never really lead me wrong.

Then why wait till they become a problem? 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Around the Network
dsister said:
Khuutra said:

I hold out hope that our mod will kill them for us.

To expand on my last post. Look at it this way. If we lynch a lurker on day 1(not necessarily Snake) then it will show that we aren't kidding around about it. It would hopefully stop other people from following the same path.

dsister said:
Final-Fan said:

Well, I'd rather not just assume that from your silence you have seen and concede all our points.  But I can do that from now on if you like...? 

Also, at the time I didn't think that reply actually addressed much, it just said you didn't know anything about that hypothetical role. 

P.S.  I mean, I'm not looking for a dissertation on every reply you get but I was kind of expecting you to come back with at least a short comment on what you thought of the replies, whether it changed your mind or not. 

At the time I thought my reply was going to be addressed by a description of the role, but people seemed to move past it. Would you like me to go back and address those posts now?

And the people bringing up my play in past games. Please don't use the last game I played in as a template. Does anyone know the excuses I used to explain my behavior? Because that excuse was true.

I was not bothered that you didn't know what exactly an invisible assassin was.  I was bothered that you interpreted Noname saying he thought that MM was not in the game as a defense of MM.  How can you defend someone that you think is not in the game?

I suspect that this is what others are picking up on as well.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Khuutra said:
dsister said:
Khuutra said:

Are you saying that going after the borderline lurkers is the most useful thing then (too active to modkill, not active enough to analyse effectively)?

That course of action is what I plan to do, just not right away (to give people time).

Around the Network

What's the difference between a modkill and replacing a "no lynch" with a lynch for a lurker?

As Solderon said, dsister, it's courtesy. I don't want to kill people if they're busy. Kill them when they ARE a problem. Not before.

Khuutra said:
dsister said:
Khuutra said:

I think there may be a fundamental difference between what the two of you are calling lurkers.

The people that are in danger of getting modkilled are the people who don't post for real days on end, and miss game Days or Nights.

Then there are people who post just enough to get by.  They are either purposely laying low, or maybe they are new, or maybe they are busy.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Wow, my one and only post sure have gotten people suspicious of me. I was under the impression that not much goes on in these games during the weekend which is why I have only posted once (and not to mention that I was pretty busy this weekend). As for my vote for not lynching anybody, since this is my second game, I thought that lynching somebody the first day would be a bad idea. The first game I was in, we didn't lynch anybody on the first day and things went well. If that makes me look suspicious to people, then so be it.

theRepublic said:

I was not bothered that you didn't know what exactly an invisible assassin was.  I was bothered that you interpreted Noname saying he thought that MM was not in the game as a defense of MM.  How can you defend someone that you think is not in the game?

I suspect that this is what others are picking up on as well.

At the time these thoughts were going through my mind "If Makingmusic really is invisible then it would be a great asset to the mafia. It would make it really hard for them to lose. It would probably be in their best interest to stop people from seeing it"