By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

trangentspree said:

Just reread the entire thread.

• silver-tiger - TWO posts, one an apology for not posting and another a justification to 'no lynch'

I forgot all about Silver tiger... hmmm. He can replace join Tans on my suspect list.

Also you forgot. I'm Batman! >:D

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Around the Network
dsister said:
Final-Fan said:
I'd forgotten that was dsister.  What bothers me more about that is that IIRC he never addressed our criticisms. 

I asked a question, and I got an answer. That's the point of asking questions. After I looked back I saw that I misconstrued his first post.

Also you are remembering wrong. I did infact respond to Khuutra's post.

dsister said:
Khuutra said:
You're either being paranoid or being intentionally misleading.

If makingmusic is an invisible assassin, then noname can't be allied wit him, even if he's Mafia.

I'm leaning toward "intentionally misleading", but not enough to vote or FoS.

I truly have no idea what an invisible assassin is. I seached for it on mafascum and nothing appeared.

Sidenote: I do so hate the new quote boxes. -_-

Well, I'd rather not just assume that from your silence you have seen and concede all our points.  But I can do that from now on if you like...? 

Also, at the time I didn't think that reply actually addressed much, it just said you didn't know anything about that hypothetical role. 

P.S.  I mean, I'm not looking for a dissertation on every reply you get but I was kind of expecting you to come back with at least a short comment on what you thought of the replies, whether it changed your mind or not. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Khuutra said:

Let the mod handle dead weight. That's his job. I don't want to lose the numbers game just because they're annoying - a mafioso who is inactive should be modkilled the same as anyone else.

Now if you mean that he's no a good player, I don't think that's good reason either. We need warm bodies to win. This is a numbers game as much as anything. I'm all for berating him, investigating him, asking the Mafia to kill him, even ignoring him, but I'm not going to lynch a Town just because I don't like his style.

As long as he is posting the mod isn't going to kill him.

If the mafia have any brains behind them then they will target a very specific group of people. Snakeyez isn't part of that group.

Dead weight can only pull the town down. If people don't post then the town will not be able to get reads off of them. So when it comes to later in the game when we are down to a few people who are you going to suspect more?

1.The person that has posted a lot, and there for has more stuff to be suspicious about

2. The person who has posted really little, and there for has less stuff for other people to be suspicious about.

^ But you don't have to reply to that one if you don't feel the need

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

dsister said:
Dead weight can only pull the town down. If people don't post then the town will not be able to get reads off of them. So when it comes to later in the game when we are down to a few people who are you going to suspect more?

1.The person that has posted a lot, and there for has more stuff to be suspicious about
2. The person who has posted really little, and there for has less stuff for other people to be suspicious about. 

I'm sympathetic to lynching lurkers, but this is really just wrong IMO.  Someone posting a lot may have more posts to dredge through for a determined muckraker but good players will see through that; and not posting much is lurking, which is suspicious "stuff" by itself. 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:

Well, I'd rather not just assume that from your silence you have seen and concede all our points.  But I can do that from now on if you like...? 

Also, at the time I didn't think that reply actually addressed much, it just said you didn't know anything about that hypothetical role. 

P.S.  I mean, I'm not looking for a dissertation on every reply you get but I was kind of expecting you to come back with at least a short comment on what you thought of the replies, whether it changed your mind or not. 

At the time I thought my reply was going to be addressed by a description of the role, but people seemed to move past it. Would you like me to go back and address those posts now?

And the people bringing up my play in past games. Please don't use the last game I played in as a template. Does anyone know the excuses I used to explain my behavior? Because that excuse was true.

dsister said:
Final-Fan said:

I'd forgotten that was dsister.  What bothers me more about that is that IIRC he never addressed our criticisms. 

I asked a question, and I got an answer. That's the point of asking questions. After I looked back I saw that I misconstrued his first post.

Also you are remembering wrong. I did infact respond to Khuutra's post.

dsister said:
Khuutra said:

You're either being paranoid or being intentionally misleading.

If makingmusic is an invisible assassin, then noname can't be allied wit him, even if he's Mafia.

I'm leaning toward "intentionally misleading", but not enough to vote or FoS.

I truly have no idea what an invisible assassin is. I seached for it on mafascum and nothing appeared.

Sidenote: I do so hate the new quote boxes. -_-

How did you get the quote boxes looking so nice?  Copy and paste gets the ugly thing I posted.  Did you just do a one cell table, and then another inside of that and then copied in the text by itself?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I really miss Kingfate :'(

Final-Fan said:

I'm sympathetic to lynching lurkers, but this is really just wrong IMO.  Someone posting a lot may have more posts to dredge through for a determined muckraker but good players will see through that; and not posting much is lurking, which is suspicious "stuff" by itself. 

Really, how do you see it that way? A person that has been posting a lot  and pushing cases on people is bound to accidentaly lynch a townie. That is going to be held against him and looked down upon later in the game.

Say someone has pushed the cases of two innocents.

Then say someone else has been laying low and not pushing cases on people.

Who are you bound to suspect more?

theRepublic said:

How did you get the quote boxes looking so nice?  Copy and paste gets the ugly thing I posted.  Did you just do a one cell table, and then another inside of that and then copied in the text by itself?

I open multiple tabs and drag and drop quote boxes. If you click the top of the quote it should highlight it. Then just drag and drop into another box

dsister said:

I really miss Kingfate :'(

Really, how do you see it that way? A person that has been posting a lot  and pushing cases on people is bound to accidentaly lynch a townie. That is going to be held against him and looked down upon later in the game.

Say someone has pushed the cases of two innocents.

Then say someone else has been laying low and not pushing cases on people.

Who are you bound to suspect more?

I, myself, suspect lurkers more. THat instinct has never really lead me wrong.