By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

My first post in this thread was supposed to be one of my usual hit-and-run jokes, but under nen's blessing I decided to keep it going until somebody noticed that my name wasn't in the OP.

Then you incredibly paranoid people started coming up with crazy theories about invisible players and shit, and I couldn't help but run with it.  xD

I mean, seriously, invisible players!?  Who would make a role so broken??  Either the player would hide the entire game, getting away with everything, or he'd play like usual, only with a giant target over his head since everbody knows he has some crazy new power role.

Anywho, I apologize for all the mayhem.  But you gotta admit, this will be a game to remember.  Somehow I managed to get a bunch of you to believe that I was not only actually playing, but also that it might not be a good idea to lynch me, despite having said almost nothing of substance the entire game.  Not once did I claim to be playing, nor did I ever claim that any of the absurd roles under discussion were my own! 

Well, it was fun guys.  At least for me.  Enjoy your game.  :3

Around the Network

4 out of 22 players voted

3 votes no lynch

1 vote snakeyez

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

makingmusic476 said:

My first post in this thread was supposed to be one of my usual hit-and-run jokes, but under nen's blessing I decided to keep it going until somebody noticed that my name wasn't in the OP.

Then you incredibly paranoid people started coming up with crazy theories about invisible players and shit, and I couldn't help but run with it.  xD

I mean, seriously, invisible players!?  Who would make a role so broken??  Either the player would hide the entire game, getting away with everything, or he'd play like usual, only with a giant target over his head since everbody knows he has some crazy new power role.

Anywho, I apologize for all the mayhem.  But you gotta admit, this will be a game to remember.  Somehow I managed to get a bunch of you to believe that I was not only actually playing, but also that it might not be a good idea to lynch me, despite having said almost nothing of substance the entire game.  Not once did I claim to be playing, nor did I ever claim that any of the absurd roles under discussion were my own! 

I'm laughing so hard tears are running down my face.

Why do I get the feeling Gnizmo was in on this too... oh God this is one for the books. 

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:

Why do I get the feeling Gnizmo was in on this too... oh God this is one for the books. 

Laughing as in "joyous" laughing or as in "homicidal - gonna find out where Nen lives and murder him" laughing?

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

MM remains a big distraction. While the mod has control here, if there's no way for us to verify who's playing and who isn't then there's no way we can even deduce [in principle] who to lynch.

I'm going to ignore him and hope his role won't spoil the game later on.

@Tanstalas

Voting No Lynch is not suspicious in itself.

What is, however, is subsequently adding nothing to the discussion; here are all of his posts:

"Nothing that makes any one seem guilty to me yet. Although this game did just start. For now...

Vote: No lynch"

--

dsister said:

So Mario any reason why you don't want to have any conversations today? Why the need to end the day so soon?

HoS: Supermario128

"I said "for now". As in, if somethign else happens I will change it. Don't over look things so much Dsister... At this point in the game nothing has happened."

--

dsister said:

Of course nothing has happened yet. Nobody is taking the initiative. Instead of just coming in here and voting why not ask questions?

"Because it is late and I am tired after a long day"

--

"My roles sucks too."

--

Which reads to me like: Vote No Lynch because it's safe; then switch off posting unless challenged.

I'd like sm128 to post. And I'll ask him a question: how do you think ending Day 1 immediately (which is what you wanted given your vote and subsequent contribution) will benefit the Town?

That said, if nothing changes I will vote No Lynch myself to cause stuff to happen that we can analyse. But only because we've had a lot of time today for something obvious to come up, and other than MM, nothing has.

Around the Network

EDIT BY WAY OF POSTING: Ignore what I said about MM above. His reply was posted after I did.

Tanstalas said:
hatmoza said:

Laughing as in "joyous" laughing or as in "homicidal - gonna find out where Nen lives and murder him" laughing?

*eyes twitching*

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
makingmusic476 said:

Gnizmo actually wasn't.  To be honest, Gnizmo surprised me the most.  He came in here and never once seemed to question whether I was actually in the game or not.

SnakeEyez said:

LOL wow, MM is in a pickle already. I think it's too early to lynch somebody.

Vote:No Lynch

dsister said:

unvote

Vote: snakeyez

also we still have the quite fast vote of dsister on snakeeyez, I think I get why Dsister voted for snakeeyez, but isn't it a bit rushed?

After reading the 100 posts of the MM situation, I can too feel the havoc he caused amongst us.

I say we ban the fucker for the next 5 games :P