By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

Khuutra said:

Final-fan's reasoning feels sound, but ... well, I want to be sure he's not pro-town.

Makingmusic, either admit you need to go away or make a good argument for yourself!

I'm still confident that he's not playing, but if he is, he's apparently been dodging the question, so it seems to me that Final Fan's plan is a sound way to get him to speak up.  Besides, I don't think we have enough players online right now to lynch even if all of us agreed to, so there's little chance of lynching a townie. 

Vote: makingmusic

It feels so weird to vote for someone who's not playing.

Around the Network

Let's say, theoretically, that any role I might have does make me "invisible" or something similar.   Claiming to not be in the game would actually serve me quite well, as I would then be free from any and all suspicious eyes, leaving me to carry out my nightly duties in peace.

That being said, I would certainly not be helping the town if that were the case.  It'd be a very self-servient action to take.  Assuming, of course, that I do indeed have such a role.

:3

Tanstalas said:

Yes, also like how you missed 99% of my other posts as well ;)

I pay more attention then you think

Post 1: "I’m here"

Post 2: FoS dsister for being sane

Post 3: The one I just quoted

Post 4: Made a joke about MM being a light post. You like Dr. Pepper

Post 5: don’t know about “invisible assassins” this is your second full game

Post 6: Comments about lurkers

Post 7: Made a comment about the two empty slots

Post 8: Voted the mod

Edit: cleaned up the Office throw up.

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Well, I think I could have been cleverer, but I don't know what sort of kind of restriction exactly are on what he says, or how dire the consequences of toeing the line a little too hard. 

He's basically saying (by way of not saying the opposite) that he is in fact in the game and invisible, and claiming to be pro-town because he would simply pretend to withdraw from the game if he was bad. 

But that doesn't convince me of his goodness because if his invisibility extends so far that he's not even on the roster, clearly any bad guy role should be required to post, and probably good guy roles too, because otherwise it's a ridiculous gamebreaking 100% perfect lurker role.  I'd like to think nen-suer was a little smarter than that. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

makingmusic476 said:

Let's say, theoretically, that any role I might have does make me "invisible" or something similar.   Claiming to not be in the game would actually serve me quite well, as I would then be free from any and all suspicious eyes, leaving me to carry out my nightly duties in peace.

That being said, I would certainly not be helping the town if that were the case.  It'd be a very self-servient action to take.  Assuming, of course, that I do indeed have such a role.

But not for the reason you think.

I would sooner assume that admitting to being in the game would get you killed or something, and even admitting that would get you killed, but that's a bad role and I don't like it.

Everyone is convinced you're either evil or not playing, so lynching you wouldn't hurt anyone in any case.

I'm fine with that.

But here's my reason:

If you're pro-town, then saying that you aren't playing and thereby hiding as a target means that you can help the town better, if only for a single night. You help the town better by acting selfishly if you are pro-town.

DIE

Around the Network
dsister said:
Tanstalas said:

Yes, also like how you missed 99% of my other posts as well ;)

I pay more attention then you think

Post 1: "I’m here"

Post 2: FoS dsister for being sane

Post 3: The one I just quoted

Post 4: Made a joke about MM being a light post. You like Dr. Pepper

Post 5: don’t know about “invisible assassins” this is your second full game

Post 6: Comments about lurkers

Post 7: Made a comment about the two empty slots

Post 8: Voted the mod

Edit: cleaned up the Office throw up.

The quote "Can't see the forest for the trees" seems to be the best response I can offer you, Dsister

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

I am actually quite sure nen-suer has thought this through rather well.  ^_^

Edit: This comment was aimed at Final-fan.

Now I just want to hang you for being evasive!

Khuutra said:
makingmusic476 said:

But not for the reason you think.

I would sooner assume that admitting to being in the game would get you killed or something, and even admitting that would get you killed, but that's a bad role and I don't like it.

Everyone is convinced you're either evil or not playing, so lynching you wouldn't hurt anyone in any case.

I'm fine with that.

But here's my reason:

If you're pro-town, then saying that you aren't playing and thereby hiding as a target means that you can help the town better, if only for a single night. You help the town better by acting selfishly if you are pro-town.

DIE

I did a search for invisible assassins on mafiascum, and I did come up with one hit:

MafiaSSK (Natsuki Kruger/Invisible Townie Suicide Bomber) - self-destructed Night 2 
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8878

And he managed to take out a Mafia member as well...

Now I am unsure if that is the same role as what MM has, as I am loathe to go through all the posts in that game :)

If anyone wants to here is the link to the game:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12362

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

makingmusic476 said:
I am actually quite sure nen-suer has thought this through rather well.  ^_^

In that case, then I say there should be a mechanism to alert the town to the existence of a character like that.  What, then, woud be the advantage of LYING to the town to gain one night, the first night, of life, only to immediately die upon news of that player's continued presence? 

Or do you not think that nen-suer's wisdom would put such a mechanism in place in the case of the hypothetical character we are discussing? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!