By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

Khuutra said:

5. Dying on the first day sucks in a game this size. Next game should be smaller, period.

This.

Half the number of players would be good. Days would maybe take less than a week then.

Khuutra, I targeted you day one because I could take any doctor power away from you and then Mafia kill you. So your standard defence didn't work like it usually does.

Stefl, I did the same thing with you (swap you with me then Mafia kill me in order to hit you) but it failed. I think it was Night 2. Any ideas why? I can only think that a Doctor protected me, or some power protected you that couldn't be swapped out.

Around the Network
Soleron said:
Khuutra said:

5. Dying on the first day sucks in a game this size. Next game should be smaller, period.

This.

Half the number of players would be good. Days would maybe take less than a week then.

Days having a concrete time limit is standard in the Mafia games I used to play - I think three days was the norm - and this game could have immensely benefited from something similar.

dsister44 said:

I take responsibility for Khuutra's death

That is all

0:50 to 1:09

noname2200 said:

A serious question for folks, especially those that lasted longer:  why on Earth did people take forever and a half to make up their minds about anything?

Lack of info I guess... so people tried to find some where there was none.

Stefl1504 said:

Actually I want to congratulate Hatmoza on revealing the role I have taken early in the game...

AND I did not thought I could win the game... but somehow I did...

Someone was very glad he subbed out it seems :p

Soleron said:

Noname played very well right up to that last mistake.

I lol'd when everyone scrambled to look through my previous posts for like 5 pages of discussion - but all my posts were actually trying to help the Town and find Mafia B.

Actually the existence of two Mafias allowed both to play a more pro-town game and increase doubt over who killed who (last few days were crazy for that).

You had me completely fooled when I was reading the thread... then you turned up dead and mafia :p

Last few days were great.... especially the SK who killed no one, that was grand cause that's what caused Vett's lynch :p

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Khuutra said:
Soleron said:
Khuutra said:

This.

Days having a concrete time limit is standard in the Mafia games I used to play - I think three days was the norm - and this game could have immensely benefited from something similar.

Day time limit is nice... but it helps bandwagons... Unless it's "arround 2 days" when the mod logs and says "day over"

I think some rules should be put in the Op as not every mod uses the same... the hammervote being one (I won last game only because there wasn't one.. here it was used)

The AFK rule mod hamer too... an example is noname who was under suspicion, went away 3 days and poof no one talked about him again (nothing against you, just an example).

On the people count... I like having big groups, especially if it's with a theme... but we could set up small vanilla mafia games for the dead ones that still want to play (though that'll likely never happend)

Around the Network
GodOfWar_3ever said:

Alright...fair enough...I knew I should have stuck with my vote for you instead of changing to vetteman...

Anyway, I've been working on a God of War mafia game ever since I was disappointed of being a townie in this game....

I'd gladly host it if you guys are interested and no one else is willing to host a different game...but somehow I doubt any of you would be since its me hosting and most of you don't strike me as God of War fans...

Who doesn't like free pie?

I doubt anyone here hates GoW, we may not be as much fan as you but we probably all like it. (heck I have 3 of them and love the 2 I played :p )

Go ahead and start a sign up thread that fits your size, i'm sure it'll be filled up  pretty quickly (post link here though)

Thats not gonna work because I designed it for 22 players and people are calling out for a smaller game...

Soleron said:

This.

Khuutra, I targeted you day one because I could take any doctor power away from you and then Mafia kill you. So your standard defence didn't work like it usually does.

Stefl, I did the same thing with you (swap you with me then Mafia kill me in order to hit you) but it failed. I think it was Night 2. Any ideas why? I can only think that a Doctor protected me, or some power protected you that couldn't be swapped out.

Would you believe I actually thought it was something like that? As soon as I saw you were on the other Mafia team I knew your team had some unblockable method to kill, because you would object to an unsure nightkill.

Not very well-balanced, but it's somewhat gratifying to know I was right about it.

GodOfWar_3ever said:

Thats not gonna work because I designed it for 22 players and people are calling out for a smaller game...

make a time limit on days... a reason they want smaller is because this one lasted what.. 4 weeks for 6 days?

Khuutra said:
Soleron said:

Not very well-balanced, but it's somewhat gratifying to know I was right about it.

You take advantage of what you're given.

I mean, noname had the ability to use the power of anyone who died. That's so broken it's not funny, but it didn't help him.