By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

Khuutra said:

@TheRepublic (I think it was you):

I know there are power roles - I was trying to drop a teensy weensy hint that I might be vanilla. Not that I am, just that the misdirection is important. I'm saying this now because I realize that that's technically a lie, and I believe in "lynch all liars" but I also don't want to be stabbed.

Wait... so you try to trick us into thinking that you are a vanilla townie. Then you expect the doctor to protect you? I really don't follow your logic.

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:

Okay, I made a list of all the posts in this thread!  I was kind of expecting to find Silver-Tiger absent; he was an extreme lurker last game, and I died on the night before I was going to call him out on it.  Argh!  Anyway, he did post in this game, but only once so far, basically to say "hey I'm here".  Inspiring. 

Lets tune down the lurker hunting for now. Day 2(on a weekend no less) isn't the right time to be calling people lurkers. Also you need to take in account posts actually related to the game only. Active lurking is just as bad as not posting...

Though, bravo for taking the initiative!

Actually I daresay active lurkers are far more annoying then actual lurkers. As they make re-reading the thread a pain

dsister said:
Khuutra said:

@TheRepublic (I think it was you):

I know there are power roles - I was trying to drop a teensy weensy hint that I might be vanilla. Not that I am, just that the misdirection is important. I'm saying this now because I realize that that's technically a lie, and I believe in "lynch all liars" but I also don't want to be stabbed.

Wait... so you try to trick us into thinking that you are a vanilla townie. Then you expect the doctor to protect you? I really don't follow your logic.

It was a mistake and I'm being honest about it.

If I was a Vanilla townie, I'd (assumedly) know I was Vanilla, which means I would know that there are power roles. I forgot that. I build layers of protection for myself. This "layer of protection" could have gotten me killed. That's why I came clean about it isntead of waiting for you guys to go "hey now if you've got a power then you lied about not knowing TIME TO LYNCH"

I think that's pretty easy to understand. The state of my powers has nothign to do with me wanting protection. That has to do with my status.

I have a headache right now so this is going to be my last post for today but I would like to say that I think we should give it until at least Monday evening before calling out lurkers as the weekend is usually a slow period for this game - in fact this has been quite an active first day so far despite being a weekend.

Yet I think some of the latecomers will arrive tomorrow.

@makingmusic situation

I'm not sure what's going on. Nen seemed to put this game together quite quickly so I'd be very surprised if he added something as wild as an invisible assassin character. MM said it's up to Nen to make things look right in the OP, and then Nen seemed to dutifully ignore it but maybe it was an oversight? If it continues to be ignored by Nen, this will be a very interesting first day.

Around the Network
theRepublic said:

A friendly note: to make things easier for the mod, when you vote, do it on a separate line, and bold it.  For example,

Vote: nen-suer

This can be helpful too:

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Oops, gotcha.  Sorry!  And thanks for the link; I'll give it a gander when I've got some more free time.

Final-Fan said:

LYNCH ALL LIARS!!!11!!eleven

jk for the reading impaired

but seriously nen saying you're going to vote and then not voting is just cheesy.  Or am I blind? 

I intended to vote, and thought the "I'll vote No Lynch" line was sufficient.  Since most folks seem to want to continue, though, I'll "rescind" my vote (by not actually voting).

Khuutra said:

It was a mistake and I'm being honest about it.

If I was a Vanilla townie, I'd (assumedly) know I was Vanilla, which means I would know that there are power roles. I forgot that. I build layers of protection for myself. This "layer of protection" could have gotten me killed. That's why I came clean about it isntead of waiting for you guys to go "hey now if you've got a power then you lied about not knowing TIME TO LYNCH"

I think that's pretty easy to understand. The state of my powers has nothign to do with me wanting protection. That has to do with my status.

no,no, no that wasn't what I meant. The whole excercise seemed kind of counter productive from where I was standing. You asked for protection, then said something that made you seem like a vanilla townie. That's less of a reason for both the doctor and the mafia to want to target you.

But since the mafia would want to target you anyways(seeing as how you are one of the three) they would target you reguardless. Where as the doctor would have one less reason to protect you.

If nen-suer posts in here again without addressing the makingmusic situation....

What kind of invisible roles exist, normally?

Finally, regarding makingmusic, he's not on the list and didn't post in the sign-up thread until after the game started, so I'm assuming he's not playing and is just goofing around right now.