By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

trangentspree said:

I will say I don't think anyone can assure us that Khuutra or any other 'high-profile' player will be investigated at the earliest opportunity.

I was told the exact same thing about WoW in my first game and he was NEVER investigated. (Kind of ironic me making a point about this as WoW did turn out to be pro-town that game whereas I was so thoroughly evil - but the point still stands!)

I don't think Cops like being told where to go at night because it just invites roleblockers to stay the night with them.

Agreed.  There have been many a game where I have been frustrated by the actions of the cop.

However, a roleblocker can't really do anything with the knowledge of who the cop is going to investigate.  A roleblocker would need to know who the cop is.  Bus drivers, and jail keepers could use that knowledge however.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
Nikells said:
hatmoza said:
No one be surprised by Khuutra's actions. He's a high profile player and I don't blame him for trying to save his own ass. Don't worry about him being mafia and fooling us either because he can't. He will most likely be investigated tonight or on night 2. He's too much a risk if he's anti town so any smart cop will have a result on him right away. All we can hope for is that he is pro-town because he would be a great asset to the town. If guilty, we lynch him and the game goes on.

While not that suspicious it did seem a little arrogant to ask for protection so soon: I've never even heard of Khuutra!

With that said I'd also like to request doctor protection tonight as, you know, I don't want to die either.

Well, of course you haven't heard of Khuutra; you're still a noob

Jokes aside, to answer your above question:

1. Above all, you certainly don't seem very threatening atm. The problem with day one is that most mafia or scum will be slightly talkative in order to not attract any attention. Am I threatened? Hell no. 

Day one lynches is a hard call, especially in a game as big as this. Usually, I agree with the lynching of lurkers, only if they lurk for a considerable amount of time. No one really acts all that suspicious on day one imo, thats why the best option is to no lynch or lynch a lurker on day one.

GodOfWar_3ever said:

OK, so a short summary of interesting things that happened so far.

1. Khuutra asks a doctor to protect him when nothing has happened yet.

This could mean 2 things imo.

Khuutra is extremely paranoid and thinks that the mafia would try to get rid of him tonight. 

OR

He is mafia and wants to trick the doctor into protecting him so that the mafia can increase their chances of getting a kill tonight.

Either way, nobody with a night kill would risk targeting him tonight, given there's a good chance he'll be protected.  This almost ensures he'll survive until tomorrow, barring the existence of some anti-town power role that is unaffected by a doctor's presence.

He's built a shield of uncertainty for the night, and this leaves open any doctors to target someone else if they so choose.

Though me saying this also gives anybody out to get khuutra a bit of hope that he won't be protected, thus it would still be wise for somebody to protect him.  ;)

dsister said:

Let's go for some random questions I thouht up on the spot.

1. What's your opinion on day 1 lynches?

2. What's your position on lurkers?

3. Pepsi or Coke?

1.  Bad idea, unless somebody slips up so bad we can be certain they're guilty.  One less towny only helps the Mafia!

2. I don't like lurkers, but I'm against lynching anybody unless we're at least 90% certain they're guilty.  Like I said, one less towny only helps the Mafia!

3. Barq's, which is bottled by Coke so I'll go with that.

MM GTFO!

You never signed up nor are you included in the OP.

Also, GTFO because you ignored me last night and I'm feeling kinda salty towards you at the moment -_-

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

I'm confused.  Is Makingmusic playing or not?  He is not in the sign up thread and he is not in the OP, but he sure is acting like he is playing and the mod hasn't said anything about it yet.  Hell, MM was the first one to vote and the mod has posted since then so what is going on?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing

If MM is not playing, he should be banned for the next 20 games.

By the way, has anyone else noticed we already have two people who claim their role "sucks"?  I just thought that was a little odd.

Now Playing

dsister said:

Let's go for some random questions I thouht up on the spot.

1. What's your opinion on day 1 lynches?

2. What's your position on lurkers?

3. Pepsi or Coke?

1. Sucky for whoever is chosen. I'm sure they really wanted to play, and eliminated so early ruins the fun.

2. I'm guilty of this position, and okay with them as long as there aren't too many in a game. It's always interesting to see what they hide, if they hide anything.

3. Coke. Pepsi's good too, though.

I find it strange that MM ignored me last night and is ignoring us today. Maybe his role doesn't allow him to talk or respond to players about his role.

I want to believe that him never being in the OP was a screw up from nen, so I'll wait for nen to clear things up. If things stay the same after that, I say we lynch the fuck out of MM because Noob Saibot is invisible and is an assassin according to MK Wiki.

*edit: added "about his role"

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson