By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Next Mario Platformer...

Well, Galaxy has been raleased a few weeks ago, and, unlike Sunshine, had been praised by critics & players alike. So what's next for the italian plumber in platforming? It's going to be hard to top Galaxy...

Around the Network

i d not think it will top galaxy, unless it brings something totally new and awesome to the series.

xbox 360, ps2 are my consoles 

end of generation predictions: wii 106 million Xbox 360 59 million PS3 57 million  

There might not be another Mario platformer until the next generation, unless Nintendo breaks with what they did on the N64 and the Gamecube. Maybe New Super Mario Bros. 2 will come out for the DS next?

I think that the next mario platformer won't come out until the Wii 2 or another one for the DS , who knows maybe they will release another one for the Wii but I highly doubt it.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Maybe a sequel to Luigi's Mansion (would be great with a wiimote) or a sequel to Yoshi's Island is planned. But I don't think we'll see a true amrio platformer in the next 6 years

Around the Network

Mario in 4D, lol

Super Mario Galaxy 2? There still a lot of unexplored new idea that can be done with the planetary and gravity.

RCTjunkie said:
Well, Galaxy has been raleased a few weeks ago, and, unlike Sunshine, had been praised by critics & players alike. So what's next for the italian plumber in platforming? It's going to be hard to top Galaxy...
Point of order: Mario Sunshine was ALSO widely hailed by critics and gamers - the primary source of criticism was from those who thought it was to "kiddie" or "gay" to even give it a chance (though this is not to say it is without flaws; relative to each generation, Sunshine is almost certainly the least of the three 3D Mario titles). With the Cube's limited audience, few ever had the chance to learn that it was one of the best platformers of the last generation (and almost certainly the best on the Cube).
Anyway, I was thinking that it would be neat to do a Mario Zero - go back to the beginning with a 3D confrontation between Mario and Donkey Kong in a reimagination of the ape's original title, and have it progress through the sewers (Mario Bros) and finally deliver Mario into the Mushroom kingdom for the first time.

Hehe lets enjoy that we had galaxy for now. too early to think of a new mario game :P but I like the one galaki did :o